Thursday 10 January 2008

A Year of Hope........

Happy New Year All!!! I hope you all had a fulfilling festive season like I did. I just read a comment from a Blogger who said they hoped I encountered 1 or 2 frogs on my holiday. I want to assume that was a typo error and you actually meant to say "hope you didn't encounter any frogs". Either way I couldn't have cos the bulk of my time was spent with the Prince I am building a relationship with.


Well I can't really complain about anything cos it's all still so fresh. One thing is for sure the chasing season is over so I'm now seeing the real him and so far it's been commendable. Guess you can say we are just concluding on Phase 1: The whole butterfly in tummy effect; not having to wonder when next he will call cos the dude will call you till it becomes the norm/the expected; the feeling that someone in the world is actually thinking about you as more than just a friend; the permanent smile cemented on your heart and only the glow on your face gives you away that you are truly, unmistakeably happy; the nobody in the world matters as much feeling cos this person just seems to understand every last word that you utter. In short that feeling of human comfort though nowhere as important as that from God still counts as a lot on days when your boss is just getting under your skin.



Looks like I'm now in Phase 2. We have now defined where we are heading with the relationship. This now interprets to: If I don't hear from him I get a bit jittery; missing him a bit more than before; the calls are not as frequent but now they are more meaningful and purposeful. It's a long distance relationship so emotionally it takes a bit more out of you than the usual. But what I'm enjoying the most right now is the feeling of trust and commitment. Seeing as we started off as friends, I notice we are a bit more sensitive to each other. Apologising for mistakes or upsetting the other person is not a problem at all. It's all about growth and facing the challenges that will inevitably come our way. God is in control. My prayer is he will never have to feature here as a frog lol.


If any reader wants to share a Frog tale and would like me to publish it on their behalf, please feel free to write to otokunbo@yahoo.co.uk Remember there is love in sharing. The power of laughter should not be taken lightly and you never know whose life you might be touching with your tale.

Congrats to all my friends who got married this xmas. I pray the marriage will be as fun as the actual wedding day was. It shall be filled with peace, love and hope.

20 comments:

Lovely said...

Hi, i started reading ur blog like 3 months ago and i must say i enjoyed every frog tale, its refreshing to know that i'm alone in dis quest of finding the right man but i guess i'malone now cos u've found your prince. Am happy to know u've finally found him and all d wahala was not in vain.
But i must ask u; how does this love across the ocean work for u?

Figurella said...

Dear Lovely, (Love your Blog Name :-)) , this is my 3rd try at the Long Distance thing. The first try was fantastic but I used my hand to spoil it as Yoruba peeps will say :-))

The Second try started off too amazing but dude went crazy on me before I could even say jack. He literally disappeared. Not a word. No break up, just vanished. A year later he apologises but it's all good cos I'm a strong character as people say so I forgave and we are cool now.

This is the 3rd try and u know what they say "3rd time lucky" and yes I claim it. I don't see why long distance cannot work if both parties are willing and able to travel as often as possible to see each other. After all it's not all same town relationship that get to see their men that often. God knows best so I'm leaving this journey to Him.

SMSL said...

Gud for you girl and welcme back frm your break frm blogsville. We really missed your frog tales but i'm also happy that things are going gud for you and the Prince.

Initium said...

Congrats, and hope you have a wonderful new year!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, interesting analysis of the first two transocean relationships. Some may disagree. Anyway good to see things are going well for you and best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Congrats girl on finding ur prince..I have been an avid reader of ur blog and i must tell u that u have been an inspiration to me and even some ppl i know..Ur good times,misfortunes,etc are things most of us experience but never come out to share but u had the courage to...Kudos...
Long distance relationships are hard,but i wish u all the best since u've passed phase 1:(which is the difficult stage 4 many) and successfully gotten to phase 2:(The actual relationship)..
PS:U gave us the stories of how u met all ur frogs but failed to mention the story of how u met ur prince :))..

Anonymous said...

figurella...

welcome back, missed your tales terribly..i'm addicted now..keep checking everyday to see if you've posted something new.

@ your long distance relationship..It definately works for real..(can be difficult tho)as long there are constant visits and you both value the need and the reason why you donate soo much to BA or Virgin Atlantic..

I have a friend whose started dating this chick in jand.. peeps said all sorts, it wont last..they're just shagging, bullocks but guess wat they are still together, they visit each other at any slightest opportunity or free time they have.. birthdays, weekends etc and they are very happy...

Word of advise..alwyas take a ticket to see ur man over a nice Mulberry or miu miu bag for your birthday..you can always buy them on sale for yourself..

Figurella said...

Champion, as I was the one in the first 2 long distance relationships I don't really care if peeps agree or not with my analysis although I haven't put up their story cos 1st guy wasn't a frog second guy was one of the biggest frogs I ever met. Guess u wondering why he isn't featured on my Blog? Hmmmm lets just say some things are better left untouched and bringing it to light might lead to.......only God knows.

Anon 12:22, thanks for your kind words. As for how I met my Prince, well I thought it's best I tell that story once I have completed a full cycle with him.

Flauppy, u r sooo cool! lol lol. Believe me when I say I sure will trade in my designer wears for a good man :-)) I also discovered a very correct Outlet in Yankee that stock all my favourite designers so yeah there'll be time for shopping later.

Anonymous said...

Thanks figurella..

Feel free to share the info on outlet stores o...(even tho idon't live in yankee or jad. I wanna dey interested die...

I might have some frog tales for you sha...really sad cos i'm not over it yet...will let you know once i think it thru sha..

empathetic said...

hey figgy!!! (like my nickname for u???lol)

Nice one. Hope u go full cycle with Mr Prince and he is here to last a while......

It feels gr8 to be in a wonderful rship esp when u know the person is ur spiritual soul mate...it just brings the best outta u..

Gd luck and pls one more froggy tale for the rd........

Figurella said...

Emapthetic, u r just a clown is it me u calling Figgy? LOL LOL. It's all love. I bet there'll be a frog tale to share pretty soon....

Flauppy, One of the best outlets I know is in New Jersey called Woodbury Common I think.......but on a more important note, really sorry to hear you going thru a tough patch! Remember there is power in prayers and hey u never know who will learn or grow from reading your own tale. If u get the courage to share pls send the story to my email addy and I'll post it accordingly. Otherwise don't disappear. Stay blessed.

Anonymous said...

Figurella,

Since Transocean number1 was not a frog tale then we dont want to hear about it.

However how could you deprive us of the opportunity to read one of the biggest frog tales.

Your response seems to point to a can of worms.

Pleasseee let us have the story.

Anonymous said...

Hey figurella,it's Anon 12:22..WForgive me for not knowing but what's "full cycle" :))))

Figurella said...

Anon 12:22 lol lol thanks for asking. I just meant to say let the relationship get to the first half of the year and then I can comment (half cycle) then end of the year will be considered full cycle I guess.

Champion in due course I'll put that tale up. For now I won't mind others contributing their stories so feel free to encourage others to share :-))

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your break. Couldnt be more pleased for you. Also glad to hear Mr Prince is being good although i was sceptical at first. Nwys, enjoy it, by Gods grace it'll last. Guess who?

Figurella said...

Anon 12:10, am I really meant to be guessing who u are? LOL okkk u didn't leave any clue. All the same thanks and Amen to your prayer ;-))

Anonymous said...

hey Figs, nice to have you back- this ain't an exaggeration but i have clicked on your page every single time i've come online since u last upated!!

Happy New Year and very pleased to hear things are going well with the Prince!

you are so right about the woodbury common outlet- pure bliss, all in one place!!!!! just go first thing in the am till last thing at night:-)

damani said...

congrats figurella on finding ur prince.
Hopefully he wont turn out to be a frog.
By the way stop making single folks like me jealous with all ur lyrics.

Anonymous said...

Any updates love? We (I) miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss the frog tales...

Please people donate stories ooo we r dulling, I keep checking for more 'tories every day. I am not happy sob sob.

****

Anonymous said...

Morrreeeeeeee storiessssssss PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE