Tuesday 25 March 2008

To be or Not to be?

Hallo hallo, so most of us except those in the States and wherever else would just be returning from a very long weekend break thanks to Easter. I'm not feeling as refreshed as I ought to be cause of certain female monthly issues (awful), and some other personal matters. Anyway all in all I'm glad I woke up in one piece and though it's freezing outside, the sun still manages to shine as a reminder that the Lord is shining down on us all.

On my way to work I decided to do the ritual of putting on my ipod. I stumbled on Lauryn Hill, the album, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. I always knew it was great for her to win so many Grammy's back in the days but today I really appreciated why she did. In her song "Forgive them Father", she mentioned a very valuable point........."Men who lack conscience will always lie to themselves but worst of is that they go on and lie to God too, therefore why won't they lie to us women?"

Whoaaa I just felt my brain pause when I heard those words. Now I can finally begin to just accept that the world is what it is and one can only look out for Number 1 which in this case is me, is you, and whoever else. You can't vouch for anyone really well I can't. A friend of mine met a guy at a club a few years back. They danced, drank, had a good laugh and finally exchanged numbers. As she was just getting over a hurtful break up she decided to really take her time with this dude. It was even easier for her to take as much time as she wanted because they were not living in the same town. They will meet up occasionally and hang out all in the name of getting to know each other better.

After many months my female friend decided it was time for her to start visiting him at home. He lived alone but had the occasional male friends sleep over as he had a spare room. He will drive her around town, take her wherever she requested in short she was unsuspecting of anything. On one faithful day, this guy came to get her from the station but this time he took her to another house. She asked whose house it was and he replied his family home. When they arrived she saw him trying to block the mantel piece with his body. He was acting very odd. She decided to excuse herself from the living room and head to the bathroom. Unbeknown to him my friend caught a glimpse of the picture as they walked into the house! It was him, a woman and a child in the frame! She sat in the bathroom for what seemed like forever pondering on what the picture was and wondering why he chose to block it off by standing in front of it and refusing to sit down.

Finally she came to the realisation that this man with no conscience had brought her to his marital home!!!! She decided to walk straight back to the living room to confront him. There was no need the picture was gone! He had cleared the mantel piece before she got back. She was in so much shock that she decided it was best for her to shut up and politely asked to be dropped off at the station. When they got there, this 10 time loser got on his knees crying, pleading with her that he knows she must have seen the picture/s but that it is to be his future ex-wife. Yep bloggers "Future ex-wife". That there was no point telling her about him being married because he is going to ask for a divorce. Lord please stop me from laughing lol lol lol. My friend looked at this man in disgust and told him in a stern voice never to dial her number again, never look in her direction again, in short erase their memories because it will only damage him further.

Of cos it took him time to understand her message/advise but he finally got it. Well for those curious, the wife never found out and she went on to have more kids for her loving hubbie. My girl is doing great in her life as God has blessed her bountifully. So tell me where was it written that it is mandatory for a man to get married? This life is all about Choices the problem as Lauryn Hill has pointed out is so many lack a conscience so we just Have to forgive them! because our father in Heaven forgives us so easily.

This picture keeps coming to mind, a suspecting or unsuspecting wife sits at home with her newly born child waiting day and night for her husband to return home. In some cases they do come home in other cases you cry yourself to sleep and hold the child even tighter because you not sure what you have done to deserve it? Hmmmmm............

10 comments:

darkelcee said...

hmm thought provoking post.

i think this post should be tittled "How many frogs must be kissed to find 'the one' "..lol

but really its sad, i almost dated one like that.it was when i realised he had a 6 months old beautiful daughter i opted out.

I am sure very soon we will kiss the right frog.

Enjoy dear.

Anonymous said...

Well said....Preach on Sister. Lauryn Hill has always been one of my favourite artists and she speaks great words.Hope your relationship as stated in a previous post is going excellent because i'm one of your firm supporters and always wish the best for you. Some of these guys are shameless. Crying???? Please.Anyway..we pray God will continue to forgive those guys/and maybe some girls that do these sort of heartless things. Much love.

Figurella said...

Darkelcee thanks for dropping by.

Anon 14:41, thanks for asking about my relationship. Well we have had our moments of doubts but overall it's been going good. The Lord will only crown what is mine. So therefore I don't fear the outcome. After all I don't want to end up being a frog myself :-))

Anonymous said...

Hey figurella, it's good to have u back! U've been missed:)

SMSL said...

Your last paragraph defined most marraiges!!! What can we do but pray for ours not to end up that way. Glad your back and i'm happy things are goin well in your relationship.

Anonymous said...

Hey welcome back, as you can see i kept checking and i stumbled on your new posts its been a minute girl....talking about stumbling , stumbled on another site which is like a parallel to yours, quite deep feel for the babe...www.bridesville.blogspot.com, keep em coming hon!

Anonymous said...

Every relationship has their ups & downs so if u both have had your doubts,i guess it's only normal. It's only when the doubts set off in very early stages that you should we should be cautious. But very well said my dear, the Lord will only crown what is yours so u do not fear the outcome..
Enjoy for the moment and that Prince(if he isn't here already) will surely come one day. You don't have to be out looking cos he will definately find you

Anonymous said...

He only cried, best he had a heartache & died there. Missed you Figurella.

Anonymous said...

Check out this web, its like the male version of your tales... but not as good as urs plus I think they r mostly fiction.
http://www.ndavidk.com

Fusion said...

I used to this blog which I was referred to from your blog - http://bridesville.blogspot.com/ ,
it has now become by invitation only. Is there anything I can do to ask to become a member to this blog.

I would really appreciate it if you can ask the blogger to send me an invite.

I really miss visiting this blog, I finally got my computer fixed and
now its gone to invite only.

Thanks for your help