Monday 26 November 2007

Reflecting

Hi All, it's been a minute. I'm having one of those Monday's where having lunch will be the highlight of my day. Well guess I have been preoccupied getting to know a new guy but as always only time will tell. I am not looking for Mr Right, in fact that will be a bore but I am looking for Mr Realistic. The sort of guy that knows there is no perfect woman out there, the one that leaves room for mistakes to be made, the one that is big enuff to over look imperfections and work with the other great qualities the woman displays. Most importantly the sort of guy that has a forgiving heart and apologises when he knows he is wrong rather than try to justify the wrong, arhhhh that's just off putting. Forgot to mention, the one that just has to find the energy to wake up for Church! lollol.

I have gotten to a stage where I need a man to convince me why it is worth my time to be in a relationship. Day by day my realisation shows me that I have the propensity to be happy on my own. I mean it is always a bonus if someone wants to add to that happiness but it is damn irritating when they want to steal out of it and leave you hanging. It's like the same tired routine of wine, dine, cinema, more wine and dine but now you know better than to "let yourself go" with the guy. So you get to the crunch where it is either left or right, no middle ground and trust the guy to always come up with the lets stay in the middle approach aka I am still getting to know you. Yeah sure just like you getting to know how many others. I have no problem with this whole lets know each other stuff but you see me I am tired of knowing guys. I feel like just going to pull one out of the past. I know enuff about a few to know that I would have been happy with them if not for my then wandering heart.

I always felt there was more out there, even the ones that did their best to convince me we were meant to spend the rest of our lives with each other I just shied away. Now I'm not sure what I was looking for. Think I got greedy, I think cos I always felt I could get anyone I wanted I missed my boat. Now I want that boat to just turn back and let me hop on for the last time. I know better now and I am not scared to admit my wrongs. In fact its best I admit I was so wrong so as to avoid meeting mediocre men. What they don't understand is I have had way more than my fair share of Queen treatment. Why on earth would I now settle for average? Nah so long as there is youth in me I shall not just settle for the heck of it..........hopefully I won't have to.

To the Prince's I met, thanks for showing me how a princess should be treated cos at least now I have a standard I expect. A Prince once wrote to me:

Our Love…
An unthinkable event
You and me
Two wandering hearts
Once worlds apart
Even still
But now in tune

Though far apart
Each moment resides
Drenched in warm daydreams
Of what may come
We are blessed
In comfort of our connection

Our Love
A tad trying sometimes
Takes console
At every forward path
To reunite in awe
Of our overwhelming love

16 comments:

Oyin said...

Yaaaay! Thank God you are back!

Orientatednaijababe said...

I love ur blog...ur blog kept me busy this wkd....went thru all ur achives. I love the idea behind ur blog......
Please don't give up on Love.....U deserve d best, so definitely aim for it...

Unbiased said...

I thoroughly agree!! Never settle. It makes for a miserable existence. On the other hand the trend these days is pple marrying their ex so yes your clock can still be turned back if your ex-heart throb is available and willing. (wink wink) Give it a shot.

Endurable Cutie! said...

thank God u r back.. ihave been stalking yr blog

Gurl looks like we r on d same page...im also tired of that line "lets get to know each other"

Anonymous said...

shey ko si....??? please dont tell me this prince is turning into a frog???!! i really thought this was it!!!!

Figurella said...

Orientatednaijababe, thanks for stopping by to check out my tales.

Unbiased, u know some people will say "He is your ex for a reason" so don't go back. Well I don't have any ex knocking at my door but I'll probably reconsider 1 or 2 if they did.

Yetty, lets "get to know each other" is a fab idea if there is some sort of exclusive rights that go with it. My problem is most guys then use that line on u if they are caught misbehaving and cos u have no real claim to the guy u will just have to be quiet.

Anon 09:15, he is far from a frog oo but u know how life is just when u think u have crossed all the hurdles another challenge comes your way. So far he has been nothing but a gentleman. Will keep y'all posted.

Bubbles said...

Yep, so true about some people want to steal from ur happiness instead of adding to it. There's no need for that. I totally agree with knowing what u want and never settling for less than u deserve.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, this recent article is utter tosh

However i do have a couple of questions.
1. Is it only ur 'heart' that was 'wandering' back in the days. I think its more like your eye.
2. Have you left your prince already or was it the other way round.

I also have one word of advice... give up on finding love in djand,look elsewhere why?? u r not on that very very very small list of eligible ladies in djand. Sorry.

To conclude, I'm sure as hell you wont approve this comment, either ways...i hope it sinks in.

Figurella said...

Blah, of cos I will post your comment cos at least it is well written and not as rude as previous ones from u or whoever else.

Einstein if my heart was wondering it probably was instigated by my eyes wondering first.

Emmm left my Prince ke? Nah my Prince and I are still on that purposeful journey thanks.

Eligible ladies lollllllllllll, u sure are a funny one. In case you were not updated, I stopped looking for love in jand a very long while ago. But hey there is still a lot of love in jand so it's not a "Heaven forbid situation" just yet.

Thanks for stopping by........

Anonymous said...

I hear a lot of polish lads have love oozing outta their being and body. Try them. I also hear they are baby making factories. I can see the name already Figurella Uranirov Blobloscovich..Sweeet

Anonymous said...

LOL at the last comment. Figurella if there is one thing I must commend you for, its your honesty.
In the end they say vanity is what brings all of us down. why i say this is that i dont understand why so many people(including me) know your real identity. either you were trying to show off your writing skills or you are way too naive to think that whatever you put out here will not affect your real life.
this blog would have been far better if it had remained really anonymous.
its like when david beckham deliberately got a yellow card in a match so as to avoid the next match wch was inconsequential.and in trying to show how clever he was he told the press which got him into serious trouble.
I pray your current prince does not turn into a frog due to repercussions from this blog.
a word is enough for the wise!!

Figurella said...

Flow Joe, thanks for stopping by to read and make a comment on my blog. It's funny though cos it is my current Prince that encouraged me to start my blog. I am an open book as you can see and those that know me well enough know that this is the way I live my life.

Heaven is my witness that I didn't know I had good writing skills so thanks for the compliment. In fact I joke with my friends daily on how poor my usage of English words can be. Vanity? Sometimes I wish I had a little of that in my life perhaps I would not have encountered some of those frogs.

For those that feel exposed via me writing about my life and the lives of others, I cannot apologise cos I did put dummy names and it is not a mandatory requirement that you read my blog.

For every negative unGodly, unworthy comment I have gotten, I am pleased to say I have gotten 10 folds more in positive, encouraging, thankful comments.

I wanted people to be able to laugh about their lives and the so called mistakes they have made along the way. It has worked so far for me, and for my loved, best of the best friends. I suggest people find an avenue to let their negative energy out but don't come using my blog as en excuse to get negative.

Good luck to all and God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Nawao Flow joe, dont really get what vanity has got to do with someone telling about her experiences in life...dont really get ur point but ah welll...

I think Figurella should be commended for being open and honest about making mistakes in the past, not everyone can admit this. People shouldnt be punished for making mistakes cos if mistakes arent made, how are we to learn and become better ppl?

My dear, just keep living your life the way you see fit jare, u cant please everyone at the end of the day. God willing, your Prince is much closer than u know! Amen...

empathetic said...

Figurella,

Please ignore all immature and unconstructive criticism.

Flow Joe, since we all know who Figurella is as u so gladly assumed, why don't you be a man and reveal urself!!!!

I bet you have made mistakes in the past as we all have so who are u to come up here and judge????

Dont worry Figurella and everyone that identifies with this blog, its not the mistakes we make that shape us but the way learn from them and better ourselves that count!

May God grant us the serenity
to accept the things we cannot change,
the courage to change the things we can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is,
not as we would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right
if we surrender to His will;
so that we may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him forever in the next.

Amen

Initium said...

Keep the blog going, girl, and keep your chin up. Go with your gut and hang in there for your prince!!!

Anonymous said...

hey figurella, this is your coz. i'm sure u know my mentality by now...i'll reiterate all the same.

Never settle for second when you can be the first....it's your life and it'll forever remain that way.

Whether or not your "moves" is wrong to the whole world, as long as you're happy, no strike that, as long as you're joyous....dont give a fu*k about what anybody else thinks....bar your family! end of!

so blog on blogger!!