Thursday 10 April 2008

The Good Guy

Dundee Brother looks like your prayers have finally been answered! Yes I do have a tale to tell about a guy who was nothing but a breathe of fresh air. So kind at heart, had too much love to give and before I knew it fear gripped me for various reasons and I was gone! I just left him without any obvious warnings so he didn't even have time to prepare for my departure.

I met Good Guy at his parents house in Lagos over xmas. He had not been home in over a decade. They were having a celebratory/ welcome home party for him and his brother. I felt an immediate shyness when I got into their house as the last time we ever saw I was still wearing those cute Cinderella dresses lol. He had brothers my age so I use to play with them and always looked at him as much older. Now things had changed. I was now a woman and certainly more confident to talk to any guy however old. He served my family food and drinks then sat next to me to catch up on all the years. We spoke for what seemed like forever and decided to keep in touch via email. We took a few pictures with our families and said our good byes.

I got home and started having mixed feelings cause though I had a boyfriend at the time, it had not been working out. I mean I had just found out a few months before xmas that my boyfriend had been cheating on me with the same girl for what seemed like forever! He did the whole crying and pleading and before I knew it I decided to give him another chance. I guess I felt I pushed him to this other woman. I blamed myself for so long and just thought I could patch things up. Maybe I wasn't loving him enough, maybe I was too stubborn, uncontrollable but at the bottom of it all I couldn't believe the betrayal. (That being said, he alone would know the real reasons, for starters it coudl simply be he had fallen out of love with me and didn't know how to say so). I got back to London and 2 weeks after my return, Good guy sends an email. This was the beginning of a new friendship. He also had a girlfriend and they also were having serious issues. As God would have it be, the girl who my boyfriend was cheating with decided it was time to let the cat out. She actually came up to me at a club and said to my face I am still with your guy. Of cause I knew that was the end of my relationship.

2 months after my painful break up, Good guy informed me that he also needed a new start. He had called it off with his girl so we were both officially single. I flew to meet him in his State and that was the start of our long distance relationship. For the next 8 months this guy and I were at it full on. Never a day passed that I won't hear from him. In fact I was sure we both won't sleep well if we didn't speak at least once a day. I never had to worry when the next phone call would be, never had a doubt about his loyalty to me. Gosh Good guy spoilt me senseless. We flew back and forth each month so it never felt like there was any real distance. Thank God for Web cams as I remember spending nearly my whole weekends glued to my PC.

Then the cracks started happening around the 7th month. It was clear we were inseparable but now decision on what we wanted for our future started to vary. He has no intention of moving back to Naija ever. I always hope that I will be back home at some point in my life. He wanted me to move to his State but me London girl couldn't see myself adjusting so easily. I wanted him to come here for a bit then maybe we move to his State later. The whole thing kept dragging, the more we talked the less convinced I was about a future with him. I mean how could I claim to love a guy so much but not be ready to relocate for him? I guess I felt he also should show me his love by relocating for me. So he agreed. He agreed to come to Naija once more on holiday and decide carefully whether he will be able to move back home. By 3 days into our holiday, I was 100% sure that it won't work out for us. He wasn't even happy to be home spending his holiday there talk less of moving back permanently. I knew if I held on because of love I would inevitably be unhappy as well. So I called it off. Woke up and said it is over. I didn't want him to convince me otherwise.

Till today I can't believe I could be such a b*tch. I mean I could have waited for him to return to his State before breaking up. It was wrong and thoughtless. Karma is the real b*tch because the guy I dated after him is probably the biggest Frog I have ever met. That would be a story for another day. So Dundee guy happy now? I have finally given kudos to the one Good Guy I met in my life. Well actually my ex was the second Good guy and we are actually good friends now. But I'm wrong it means there are now 3 Good guys I have known and I am now dating one of them :-))

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats better, at least we get to read some happy stories....once in a while....

Hopefully 'Mr good guy 3' will transform into 'Mr Husband'.....

..................................

tk cr..

Dundee brother :-)

Figurella said...

Dundee brother, looks like this my Good Guy post was not such a good one after all.

Some Anon comedian wrote an epistle about how people find me lousy and bla bla BS. You see I can never satisfy everyone. Even with a Good story they still have negative energy. It's all good :-))

Lekan Lijofi Ministries said...

there's a God!! u've finally written something encouraging about males - after 15 frog tales!! nice

Anonymous said...

Figurella, ask the anonymous twat how come they wrote a epistle about how people find you lousy.. I'm sure the same person him/her must have read you blog and found it inspirational &/ entertaining..
Kudos to u abeg my sister and don't be put down by nobody.
Now,there is a good guy tale and it was just as lovely as the frog tales(Obviously,in a better way)...Who says this blog should be all about frogs,eh!?
Again,kudos to u my soul sister, and thanks for keeping it real.
Just as much as there are Morons out there slagging u of for no apparent reason,there are loads of us here including me enjoying your blog and finding it very inspirational not just entertaining.

Keep them coming my dear, frog and prince tales...
And oh yeah, hopefully 'Mr Good Guy 3' is yours for KEEPS forever...AMEN...

Anonymous said...

Figurella, you actually don't owe it to anyone to post what THEY want. It is your blog and you are free to post whatever you want there. If they don't like it, then they should zap. We all know there are 'princes' as well as 'frogs', no one is saying only frogs exist, but this blog is about frog tales. So anyone not down with that, simply take a walk!

Anonymous said...

I remember this good guy..but God knows best...

Figurella said...

Pearl, Anon 23:15, Sheeka, thank u all for stopping by. Thank you for your kind words Pearl and Anon 23:15 you really made me smile.

I mean the twat who wrote to tell me I should stop bickering and being lousy should watch herself! She claims to know me? Duhhhh was I hiding my identity??? Plss don't be foolish. I had a good mind of dedicating a Post to you and your lousy "Wales guy" today but cos of the mutual friend we share I will hold back for now. How dare you come here writing such crap to me! Just bcos I watered down the story for your sanity you want to come here and say what? I laugh at the face of stupidity. We are both Christians so don't tell me anything about how u are my friend, r u smoking? Do we call each other? Do I know ur number? How da heck r u my friend? Good luck to u.

Anonymous said...

well im happy to kno there are at least 3 good guys out there....
u tell us that you're with a good guy at the moment, but do/did u eva think that if given the chance, you would revisit ur relationships with the other good guys?....or is it a case of u loved and lost those ones...so focus on this one and hope for the best?

Figurella said...

Suga&Spice that's a very good question :-)) Yes I did in fact toy around with the idea of getting back with the 2 other good guys at various points especially when I kept meeting frogs.

But things had changed so yeah loved and lost will be the best explanation. Yeah I'm focusing on the current Guy and certainly hoping for Gods best :-))

Anonymous said...

My dear,u know you cant please everyone apart from yourself. You have gist for us and we wanna hear it...however you know that there are some people who will always try to run across the grain to try and elicit negative reactions from u just for the heck of it.

You will do well if you ignore them and do your thing jare!

As you can see the majority of the positive peeps welcome the mr good guy gist, so keep it up my dear....when ever i have more suggestions, I will definately let you know......more grease to your keyboard...lol

Dundee Brother.....!!!

Anonymous said...

im back again with another question: wat exactly constitutes a 'good guy'? is it his character? or his actions? or everythin together? or is it even a matter or relativity, depending on each person?
I ask following a discussion with my friend abt 'goood guy #1' or the one who cheated? cos she argued that based on the simple fact that he 'cheated', well technically he should become a frog? which then led me to think that well do 'good guys' have 'frog' tendencies? and vice versa. If so, if given the opportunity, will they display such?

so basically...what makes a 'good guy' good?

Thirty + said...

Abeg ignore those Anon haters o... I pray that number 3 is a good one and really turns to be husby.

It does get tiresome kissing dem frogs.

Anonymous said...

looks like if u let a good guy go, u will get d bad one... i once had a good guy...treated him so bad and got a frog in exchange....one of d decisions i regret ever making

Anonymous said...

i stumbled on your blog and i absolutely love it.I was so sad when i got to the end of it all.the good guy story was nice.pity but i hope both of you managed to stay friends.please we need another frog tale and you said something about the biggest frog ever.please tell us that one.i am itching


on the whole i really like your blog.anonymous

Anonymous said...

Hi figurella,

You could check out this link at ur leisure:-) http://realemotionalissues.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hope you find happiness

Anonymous said...

How you dey figgy?Long time no tale.Pls do not go quiet on us now.Tell us another tale or prefarably the biggest frog story.

Anonymous said...

Been a while since i dropped by...
Wasn't so sure u were still dropping the frog tales...
Good to know there are some good guys out there. It's understandable tho that u should be concerned about how u want to spend your future...always been an issue for me...how much sacrifice i'm willing to make for love.

Please keep the frog tales coming, it's soooo refreshing to read!
I especially like the fact that most of the frogs get caught in their deceptive acts.

Wish you happiness with good guy 3 :-)