Thursday 3 April 2008

Waiting For a Star to Fall

How's everyone doing? Hope great! Well the week is finally coming to an end and I think it went by really quickly. Wish my outstanding bills would be paid really quickly as well. Wish I could gather all owed money from last year and use it to sort out these bills. But when the likes of "Somebody Else's guy aka Cry baby guy" have decided it's best to act a fool and just not pay back I am left pondering on how I ever called him a Star? I must have been feeling like a generous monkey last year as I also loaned a guy from a group called JJC and 419 Squad money lol lol. Like a friend said, I heard the name of the group and still thought he will pay back? LOLLL.

He is on a solo career making good looking videos but cannot pay me back. I also called him a Star? In his own case I felt sorry for him and I admired his courage to still keep trying to break the Naija music industry when all else was failing for him. Well he is up for one award or another so why not pay back? Guess I'm moaning cos my expenses keep growing and taxes don't seem to be dropping any time soon. So even though I earn well I'm still shocked at how fast money disappears! Ahhh well enough about my worries, the Lord will take care of my tomorrow so it's all good. Truth be told I know I am mightily blessed and it is only a matter of time before I won't have to worry about bills any more, Amen!

Tell me, does a Star have to stop shining at some point? Is it inevitable? Or is it whoever has the magic cloth to rub the star back to life that wins? I mean here I am surrounded by friends who are feeling so in love now and some even feel the love is too much and fear the men are too good for them. Whoaaa that's so beautiful, I'm actually entering a phase where no one is calling men frogs any more? Or maybe it's with age. Perhaps we get older and start tolerating more, accepting more, or if I want to be negative I'll say perhaps we start compromising more for what we justify as right reasons, taking excuses more no matter how foolish the men sound. I really don't know but I must say I feel more relaxed knowing that friends are going through the love feeling. I pray they never have to cry as hard as some of us have, I pray they have left a cushion to fall back on if it all fails. I will keep trying to be an optimist because I have no choice in the matter.

Now I have a Star and he shines on so gracefully. I can only pray he keeps shining. I have no say about tomorrow. I can only live for today and hope for the best. I'm to meet old friends this weekend so lets see what sort of stories I hear. So in the spirit of optimism lets all have a good fun weekend I hope :-)

5 comments:

Unbiased said...

Thanks dear. You too have a wonderful weekend.
I pray your star continues to shine well well. Could this be 'THE' one?

Figurella said...

unbiased, thank u as well. I guess just like most things in life, will just have to wait and see if he is "The" one.

Lekan Lijofi Ministries said...

.... interesting blog - you possess good ability to get your point across (& humorously as well).

I just wonder... do you propose solutions for males that fall into the different categories you have detailed??

To me... this would be more constructive - easy to find faults, harder to correct them.

Say, you have a boy to raise & nurture.... how are you going to help him become a prince and not a frog??Are male failings endogenous?? Are females exonorated from male failings??

You've raised very important points but i wonder if you also possess the answers to the points you have raised??

Well done though....

Anonymous said...

I wish ur star continues to shines..

Figurella said...

Lekan I am going to address some of the points you raised in today's post.

Sheeka thanks babe I pray it keeps shining as well.......