Tuesday 8 April 2008

I Love that Booty Guy

Today might as well be Monday because I feel the same way I did yesterday which is "I would rather be in bed". The only problem is my central heating decided it was time to go nuts and British Gas sent some incompetent Engineer 3 times now who is no closer to resolving the issue. Funny thing is you will think the service they are offering is free since all they can say is "Bare with us, we are ordering one part after another". Hisssssssss. O well thank goodness for portable heaters but damn those things run up electricity bill sha. It's always billssss. Ok on a bright note, I am very well, I am full of hope, and I am just grateful that the sun still shines even with the dreadful cold out there...........

My weekend was actually not half bad. Friday went over to spend the weekend with an old female friend of mine. After much gist, had an early night so woke up Saturday to more gist (I love my girlfriends, it's always refreshing talking about anything with them). Then we set out to a baby shower that was so much fun I was pleased I attended. But the highlight of it all was a wedding I attended. For all yea Yoruba people, you will understand when I say it was a proper o-wam-be party, for all the Faji Mama's and Papa's in town. Of cos you had the young ones lurking around doing their best to look too cool for the cold. It was freezing that nite but thankfully it was held in a very gorgeous hall. My girl and I step into the hall and the eyes that met us were so frightening I decided not to make any eye contact.

I mean guys had shades on, big chains on, colourful suits on, funny hair styles on, funny accents on, funny shoes on, in short it was a show I had not seen in a long ass while. Perhaps I wanted to drop and laugh at the sight of many but of cos that would be awfully rude. Granted there were decently dressed people as well and the Bride and Groom looked gorgeous so that's all that really matters. As I wasn't actually invited for this wedding I kept pleading with my girl to do quick and let's fade. We were there to pick up her cousin and head to another occasion but that wasn't happening as fast as I had anticipated. The cousin introduced us to some friends of hers. Most of them had babies at home and they were just out having a good time. One lady stood out with a big rock on her finger. I was still admiring it when she goes, o yeah I just got engaged, bla bla, Congratsss is all I could say and took my eyes off. The cousin pointed out who the husband to be was and I just smiled.

That smile became a very big frown about 10 minutes after that. I was backing the entrance door talking to my girl when a guy comes directly into my face with alcohol breathe and starts complementing my ass! He was so excited about it and kept walking in a circle around me to check me out. Okkkkk I would have been slightly flattered if not for the shock I was going through. This was "Big Rock, I am just engaged" woman's fiance! As in the dude they just showed me is her husband to be! Come on! He kept asking for my number and I kept giving him a sarcastic laugh (me being polite). Finally my male cousin came to my rescue and dude bounces off. I was so disgusted and felt sorry for the "Big Rock" lady. I mean no rock can make me happy to see my husband publicly checking another girl's ass now?

To quickly answer the Blogger called Lekan who left a comment on my last post, I do not have any recommendations for guys. I do however feel very sorry for them. Only if a man is deaf,dumb, or just a nuisance does he not know right from wrong. Every situation is about choices. Ok this guy at wedding had his fiance there and was still out to play! How exactly am I to advise him? "Amala guy" had a pregnant girlfriend (unknown to me and so many others),and was still chasing me with his cheapness, making a fool of himself. Pls Lekan what advise do we give him? "Church guy" thought it was sleek to use his spirituality to mislead women and deceive the lady who is now his wife. Pls what advise do I give? "Wales guy" thought it would be fun to play 2 ladies and justify it as "I am just exploring the two of you to make a decision". So you see Lekan in all my post these men are well aware of Right and Wrong. Let them make the choice. I decided to humour myself and others by starting this blog and so shall it be.

8 comments:

Lekan Lijofi Ministries said...

Hey figurela!!

I've got nothing but love for you my sister :-). You work is actually very commendable. As a male, am not offended - i attest that what you write is correct.

It's not a male vs female issue - you've raised very good points and obviously there are many females with bad experiences.

Truth is... females are actually the stronger of the two gender wrt relationships. Most males are just not as cognitive as females and don't see what you write.

This is where females can help... rather than Put Him Down (phd holders lol) or dwell on his faults, pray for him. Truth without grace is accusation - Christ brought Truth & Grace to men (John 1:17) and we are to be proponents of this.

Besides prayer you can also give counsel or actively seek avenues to correct the situation (in this post 4 eg maybe there's a mutual friend you could level with about him that would speak with him & help him see what's at stake).

In a way it feels an abandonment/ non constructive - seeing the problem & doing nothing.
We are individually called to be a good samaritan, and if you would follow the cardinal commandment to Love then you must bear other people's burdens (not saying you should sleep with them though lol)...

In the interest of comic relief/ entertainment provided by your blog though... no stress & kudos!!

Figurella said...

Okkkk Blogger Lekan, u sure r the first person to ever write a comment this long! Congrats o lol.

Thank you for stopping by. My stories are a tip of the iceberg of what others go through so I thank God cos it can always be worse.

I do pray for my loved ones and I have no problem praying for those with troubled hearts. But I'm not a counselor so I can only wish them well and pray others can avoid meeting low lives. Even if they do meet, I pray they have the strength to opt and leave.

God knows best so at the end of the day I know what will be will be. Ayt stay blessed.

Lekan Lijofi Ministries said...

yes am here & ia with you..... like you said what will be, will be. we now move into our destiny -
trust it's a glorious, accepting & loving one!!

Grace to you.

Anonymous said...

My dear, apart from the fact that your stories are such interesting reads, they make me wonder sometimes when you will post a story about some dudes who have been of exemplary behaviour. Such a story will at least give hope to the ladies that there are still some real gems out there and it might even make your male readers sit up…lol..

It will also be good for comparing and contrasting your experiences.

All in all, keep up the good work….am gonna turn into a regular reader……

You can call me ….Dundee Brother…..

Anonymous said...

This babe...I'm feeling this last post, been having a lot of these discussions lately, it's almost as if Naija dudes just get married now for the "married guy no be riff raff" status, they openly flirt and date other chicks even when the WIFE is at home....May the Lord help us all...
Dreamgirl

Figurella said...

Dundee brother I have just put up a new post specially for u lol.

Dreamgirl, it is the talk my girls and I have every time! Lets pray we find the man that wants to marry us cos he is done with playing the field, Amen! I have met men like that who are devouted to the T but for other reasons we couldnt be together. God dey!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm ... Blogger Lekan seems like a "church guy" ... I hope his messages of hope are purely inspirational!

Lekan Lijofi Ministries said...

@annon3.... whaaaaatever lol. though i have a number of female friends, i really do not have the heart to serial date. This minute, am trying to get over a lady i've fallen for & never dated or got along with much but yet still finding very hard to let go (imagine!). The emotional strain and difficulty of release is waaay too much to replicate for more than one person. strange but true..