Wednesday 24 October 2007

The Guy from Wales

Mid-week already (thank God!) but I have been so busy at work it still feels like a Monday! Guess that's why I didn't get to put sumtin up yesterday but thanks to all my Comment Bloggers for making things so lively. Some say I am proud, others know this isn't the case. Some seem to like to give advise on how I should run my life, others know the best teacher is life itself. Some want to point the finger at me and call me the one with the issues lol lol lol, others know I have lived a beautiful life so far and I am looking forward to my future challenges. Some cannot read that these are my experiences to date and thus happened over the years!, others recognise that the reason I started the Blog is to alert weaker women that it's ok to feel like u are the only one not meeting "Mister Right" but to take heart that the Lord never fails us. He has been ridiculously good to me even when I say to Him I don't deserve it..................

I met Mister Wales thru my friend who lives in Canada (yeah this was her second attempt of trying to get me a correct guy). She spoke very highly of him but made it clear that she hadn't seen him in over a decade. Apparently as kids/teenagers he was one of those respectable guys that you always thanked his mum for raising him right. Thanks to all these hook up sites, Canada friend and Wales were reunited. As they caught up on their current relationship status, he said he was single and doing a Masters in Wales. My diligent friend didn't waste time in contacting me that she thinks she has found someone suiting for me. I must say Canada friend has fantastic marketing skills cos she sold this guy to me like a guy working in Chanel is tryna get u to spend money you don't have and u end up buying the good :-)) I gave her permission to pass my number down and thats how my story begins..........

Wales guy was definitely a breathe of fresh air. Every call felt like we were buddies from another life. He was a good listener with a good phone voice so I always wanted to hear his stories and marvel at how much he claimed to have done for himself in such a short space of his life. By this I am referring to his Uni days back in Naija, graduating on time and getting into his beloved profession at a young age compared to his peers. We hit it off so well in fact I was always thanking Canada for introducing us.

Finally we set our first date and of cos I insisted he comes down to London. We agreed it will be a day trip after Church on Sunday I shall pick him up from the station. I remember praying my best prayer, "Lord let your will be done in my life". I never pray "Lord let this be the man you have picked for me" cos His decision might not be appealing to me. Service was over and I did the customary stop in the foyer to greet all your friends and family. Ironically one of the friends I was greeting is going to play a significant part in this tale. She asked me what I was doing after Church and I told her I had a date with a guy who schools in Wales. I was running late so I told her I will call to give her the low down on him.

I get to the station and this would be the first time we are meeting in person. He looked pleasant and I felt warm around him. We probably had the longest lunch ever cos we couldn't stop talking. I mean every word that came out seemed to intrigue him, I was like whoaaa a guy that is actually listening! It felt good. We decided to go catch a movie but unfortunately there wasn't going to be any showing that will end on time to allow him to catch his train back. So we went off to a bar instead. By now my head was spinning with excitement, I'm thinking this is too good to be true but I sure would love to see this dude again and again. We said our good byes and I assured him that I will make that journey down to Wales at some point.

2 weekends after this date I set off for Wales. I convinced a girlfriend to come along as she also had a friend in that same Uni. He had cooked and I was impressed with his Chef skills. Once we had all eaten, we went partying and I remember thinking I haven't had this much fun in a while. Uni partying is sure more lively than all those adult posing parties. I did some sight-seeing on the Saturday then went clubbing, and before I knew it I was back in London feeling like I just had a fun filled weekend. Wales guy called to make sure I had arrived safely and we exchanged notes on what a swell wknd it was. In fact it was such a good wknd I had organised a guy for one of my friends in London lol lol.........History will later show they were both jokers.

Days passed so fast or maybe it was all in my head cos Wales had told me he was coming for a wedding. I didn't think much of it when he didn't ask me to be his date to this wedding. I thot there are a thousand and one reasons why he might not ask and the simplest being, maybe someone else invited him so he won't want to start wedding crashing with me. Wedding was supposedly in London so he said we could meet after the wedding or the next day. I was fine with this. The day of this wedding I didn't hear from him at all. I tried his phone countless times but he just didn't pick. Finally around 10pm he calls me, hey I'm in your town whats good? I'm like dude na wa oo what's up with your phone? He says battery was dying so he didn't want to waste the life line as he needed to get directions to the wedding but in fact he didn't get to go cos he got into town too late. Ok I am sorry to hear that, where r u right now? I am at a friend's hse do u want to speak to him? Erhhhh no..... Wales guy is like I just thot to check up on you quickly so guess will speak soon. Rewinnddddd, no mention of lets meet up, or look forward to seeing you. Ahhh I just said ok no yawa bye. I knew sumtin didn't add up but I couldn't put my finger on it. I mean just the nite before he was so excited about the prospects of seeing me again.

The day after this, my head was hot. Once again I couldn't reach his phone in fact it was switched off. I went to Church feeling low but as always service was on point so my spirit was uplifted. Once I got home I remembered I never called my friend 3 Sundays back to tell her about this new guy. I started off going on and on about how much of an impression this dude had left on me. My friend asked for his name and I told her, she then goes and u say he is from Wales? I was like yep, she goes this must be a very big coincidence cos there is a guy right in front of me sitting with his girlfriend who has this same name and schools in Wales. I was like no wayyyyy, as innnn stop the joke. Ok now describe him.........by the time he exchanged notes it was clear I was talking about her friend's boyfriend.

I felt so sick cos I knew the girl, we are not close but I know her enuff to know she doesn't deserve such. As I was still chatting to my friend, this silly dude actually logged on to MSN and started chatting to me about how "His phone was dead" so sorry if I have been trying to reach him. I asked where he was, he said at a family friends' hse, he even had the audacity to tell me the exact location (his babes hse oo), I was like whoaaa that's really close by, we should meet up then. He goes nah nah I am going to be running around this evening then off to Uni. LOLLLLLL what a joke!!! I was like no probs safe journey back.

I refused to pick his calls for 2 days and then on the 3rd day I was ready. I revealed everything to him. Now that the cat is out what do you have to say for yourself? This is one of my favourite lines till today: "well u see, I was trying to explore the both of u" (LOLLLLLLLLLLL explore??? wetin?) But now that u have gone out of your way to find out about this other girl then guess it's left for u to decide how u want to play it. I nearly choked on my spite. How I want to play it? Ok dude this is how I play it, focus your attention on your girl and leave me be! I do not want to curse u out cos of the good friend that introduced u. He then goes, but I had told u that though I was single, there is a girl I was talking to from back in December. Okkkk talking too now means she is your girlfriend! Give me a break, ok sorry I am dumb and not that good with translating the male version of English, but get lost already!

I thot Wales guy was gone forever, but foolishly he still kept trying to get me to come down to Wales!!! Arrrhhhh hell no! Of cos since I now had an intermediary who could tell his girlfriend stuff about us, I use to keep her posted. He hated this! Told me to tell my CNN friend to stop disturbing his girlfriends ears............ooooo the cheek of this boy! I sha told him that CNN will not stop so it's best he stops hitting on me!

I guess for him it was unfortunate he got caught out like that cos so many guys have women on the side abi? as fellow Blogger commentators have revealed to us hisssssssss. But you see that prayer "Lord let your will be done" has never failed me :-))

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

lolllll @ 'not that good with translating the male version of English'.

Guys definitely speak a different lingo.

y dont guys realise that it is such a tinnnyyyy world... u can only lie for soo long. U will evetually get caught!!!!

empathetic said...

lol!!! this story is surely a breath of fresh air...

"explore the both of you"? Thats surely one I havent hrd b4!!!He has guts oh! Instead of him to go down with the lil integrity he had left (heres assuming he had any), he came up with that sorry excuse of a line.....

Very poor indeed

LondonBuki said...

Kai... It's a problem that I am not even surprised by this guy's behaviour... As for "exploring" both of you... he must have been on cheap drugs... nonsense!

I just read through the comments on your previous post and I have never ever heard of the word brap, LOL!!!

I'll be back for more... take care of yourself o so you will be able to put up another post ;-)

Anonymous said...

Pls Figurine:

answer this Qs

1, How often are this dates you go on popping up. You might just need a break from going on dates.
2, Why is your body doing you jim jim jim.. Let me pick you up, let me come meet you, I called him so many times, he didnt pickup. As in calm down already. That is doing too much if you ask me. Let them chase you not you chase them.. Dont you know how to pose small..haba

I see you are now sifting thru comments before showing them.. Ku ishe.. 3 of my comments are missing.. Not fair.

Figurella said...

Father Lord u are the only one who knwos the truth about situations.

Anonymous can you please calm down. Ahn ahn o ti po ju!!! Emi chase a guy LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL u must be smoking some very cheap sumtin.....

Don't worry give me your personal addy so that I can send u a Dairy account on when exactly I went on these dates. .....

WTF?? r u on about let me pick who up? Just cos he didn't have a ride doesn't mean I can't give him a lift from and to the station.

I loveeee the fact that your focus is on me. Good! I wasn't seeking sympathy nor shld I be pitied cos Heaven knows u can safe that energy for others........

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .... figurella, u crack me up.
But really, Mr Wales need to know that its like 0.25 degrees of seperation between naijas in jand, its rather annoying, but hey i guess living in wales did not get him hip to that simple fact.
@london buki..c'mon.. u must have heard of brap..no??.. c'mon!!!

I have a request.. can we have two posts a day figurella??

Anonymous said...

This tale sounds like the average tale I hear every other day. His exploration response is unique though. The normal thing for a guy in those shoes would be to deny.

I always feel sorry for the girlfriends cos sometimes, these chics are disposable. When some boyfriends go exploring, they explore away into their next relationship, which automatically means heartbreak for the original girlfriend. Then it makes the oblivious new girl look bad!

Anonymous said...

PS: Moderating comments makes the commentary dry! :o(

Anonymous said...

im sorry to be pedantic.....but i think if u're gona be writing for an audience....well spelling is an issue....so i thot i'd help u out.

quote: '' Don't worry give me your personal addy so that I can send u a Dairy account on when exactly I went on these dates. .....''

that shud b DIARY.......

and then:

Heaven knows u can safe that energy for others........

ummm SAVE for SAFE.....

remember....im jus tryin to help

Anonymous said...

Wowww, "exploree both of you" DEEP! Do some girls actually say, okay thats fine after a guy tells them that? I guess so, if not he wouldn't have said it abi. I think there needs to be a big sign somewhere very central in cities saying "What Goes Around, Comes Around" or in simpler terms so they can understand, "Nemesis is a Biatch!"

Anonymous said...

Figurella....i think u have met ur perfect match right here!! This guy is so into you.

anonymous 12:31... pls ask her for her number and get it over and done with already...

Anonymous said...

Whatever McDonalds Worker.

You are a serial Dater.
Admit it.

Figurella said...

My sincere apologies about my lack of editing skills. I think i will just reduce my post to once a week. Maybe every Tuesday.

That way I can take time out and edit my post thoroughly. Thanks for all the grammatical corrections. I always appreciate it. :-))

Unknown said...

lol explore the both of you... guess he realised he had been caught out lol!

PS I think anonymous fancies you oh figurella!

Anonymous said...

stop being dry and publish all comments!!!

that is just effed.. like totally!!

Figurella said...

Then grow up and send comments that make sense! Seeing as you told me to start editing I felt it was best to start with your BS!

You know u have enuff time to start your own Blog so pls go right ahead.

Anonymous said...

NA waaa o... But why you no dey put the other details na, like the bedroom and bathroom scenes. I think they would really help us readers judge things better. VERY nice blog!

Anonymous said...

no need to be silly!!

don't get it twisted i am not the one giving u editing tips!
babes just relax urself!!

sounds like u r getting upset, why should u..
u decided to put ur life history up 4 us to see then u have to me ready 4 the comments!!

no need to be silly!!

empathetic said...

anon, pls get a life.....

speaking of writing skills, didnt they teach you that repetitions are not encouraged when writing, it makes the readers bored (hint hint)

since u seem to be soooo pedantic in ur reading, no need (the clue is in these two words) to spell it out for u.

Oyin said...

Pls don't reduce your post oh, its very entertaining @ Figurella.
Just ignore all the unnecessary comments.

Mari said...

Figurella, welcome to the dark side of blogging- anonymous comments.
Please don't let him/them get to you. You have your reasons for blogging and you do not need to justify them to your readers. You can't satisfy everyone.

"Lord let your will be done in my life" I'm going to have to borrow this prayer.

empathetic said...

Thx anon....sticks and stones may break my bones but names wd neva hurt me!!!!

are u ever goin to make a comment on the actual subject matter i.e. the guys in question?????

Anonymous said...

Anonymous

GET A FREAKING LIFE!!!

PassionIsRed said...

'guy from wales' was totally in the wrong for lying too you about his whereabouts several times...and he should not hav used the term ''exploring both of you''......however i was thinking...have we not all been in the situation where we are 'speaking to' or 'getting the feel' of different guys (girls as the case was) at the same time. as in u're not getting to kno one person at a time....so u're going to places with them, exchanging calls etc.....isnt that what guy from wales was doing essentially??

(and did he ever call this other girl his girlfriend, or was it ur friend who called her his gf?? im jus tryin to get the story clear)

Anonymous said...

Anonymous does not speak for the rest of we anonymous's, lolllllll

Anonymous said...

Anonymous,please,GET A LIFE and leave figurella alone..If u're so great and keep on being judgemental towards this blog or the writer,then go read something else or play with ur toys or suck on a lollipop.
Figurella,please ignore him/her and continue your daily blogging cos apart from it keeping us entertained,there are also a lot of lessons to be learnt.
U're obviously fancied by an attention seeking semi-stalker hahahaha....Please ignore and do your thing girl

Anonymous said...

1. Abeg please edit the anonymous comments. They are taking away from you sharing your story.

2. You obviously told too many of your friends about this blog.

3. These anonymouses are your friends or acquaintances. They sha think they know you!

Anonymous said...

PassionIsRed, It's one of those double standard things. The same way a girl's a 'ho' if she's been with a few guys but a guy's a don for being with a few chics. Chics are allowed to be checking out more than one prospective guy at a time. If a girl has a few toasters, she's hot - but if a guy is toasting a few chics, he's unserious/unfocused. FACT.

In the ideal/normal world, guys do the chasing. As a chic, by default you only get to pick from the small pool of guys who chase you. Not your fault if more than one guy chooses you. From the opposite angle as a guy, you can choose any babe to chase. You're not restricted to any pool. For that reason, if you're chasing more than one babe at a time, it's all your doing (and consequently, your fault). It doesnt happen by default. YOU make the effort to chase multiple babes.

Get the picture?

Never Been Kissed said...

Contributor hit the nail on the head!!

ok ok!!

pls next frog!!

Broke and Twenty-Something in London said...

Figurella,

At least you know now to avoid guys from Wales, Zen bar, guys that genreally wear 'LA Gear' trainers or guys that consume Amala in copious amounts (which by the way could have caused yor kids to turn out with kwashiorkor)

But not to worry, there is still Mr Establishment guy, Mr Steam-bar guy, Mr Den bar etc.....you can't give up just yet...

Aramide said...

LOL figurella's blog's got all heated up.

Your writing is interesting sha its like ure giving me the gist on the phone sef

i like that follow up option uve got here....now ppl can track replies in their inboxes!

Aramide said...

LOL @ broke n twenty something

Anonymous said...

anon @ 13.30 is so anal

who asked u - debate moderator to help us spell check, our brains are designed to be intelligent enuff to automatically spells umtn correctly when it is typed wrong! didn#t ui get the memo or forward?

we all make typos we are human, send me ur dissertation then we can let u judge

superloser

Anonymous said...

When did Den become a bar....??
am i missing something, has it been refurbished, damn.. i'm so landing there this saturday

Anonymous said...

'I never pray "Lord let this be the man you have picked for me" cos His decision might not be appealing to me'

This had me chuckling.

Joy, Toronto.

IfeomaU said...

You said - you see that prayer "Lord let your will be done" has never failed me :-))

By God's grace baby girl, it will never fail you. I know it mite be tough out there having all sorts of experiences with these frog guys. But just hang on, it is well with u. cheers..

Unknown said...

you said - you see that prayer "Lord let your will be done" has never failed me :-))

And by God's grace, it will never fail you. I know it is tough out there facing all these experiences, but it is for a while dear, so hang in there. It is well with u. cheers...

Anonymous said...

CONCERNED MALE:
Are we really that bad? I've read thru almost all ur topics and must say that i'm really disappointed in d way these guys have behaved. I dont claim to be any different but would u at least admit dat some of these ladies shd share in the blame.

Lets take this wales guy and u for instance. d guy was (and probably still is) a punk but girls shd know by now to stop getting into situations where they're dreaming abt marriage within d first few weeks of meeting d guy. If there's one thing i know its dat IT SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF US.I hate d feeling of knowing a girl has calculated marriage in her mind and it feels like i'm some prize bull up for grabs.

Now i've done my fair share of playing and fooling around but as i've grown i've come to realise dat all this stemmed out of deep seated insecurities, issues dat i eventually dealt with. I've got 2 really great sisters (older and younger) and hav seen wit my older sis how much damage d wrong guy can inflict.

Now becos i like and respect myself more i'm able treat others, especially ladies, wit more respect. Figurella, i pray dat u find someone dat wld be ur soulmate and dat he'll be d one God has willed for u (and He really does know best). I will know when u do cos it'd only be right after u let go of this "quest" to reveal d evil deeds of men (whosoever sins u retain...). Any right thinking woman already has enough stories here to know that they need to be more than careful when dealing wit guys.

Sorry for takin up so much space. wish u love, peace and happiness (and no i'm not tryin to score points)