Tuesday 16 October 2007

Trainers Guy

I always wondered why people will log on and start reading blogs n all? I use to tell myself my life entertains me enuff so I can't imagine how other people's stories will top mine but now I have been proven wrong. I will eventually name some of my top bloggers but all in all I say kudos to those who have taken time out to share some of their stories or general knowledge.

Seeing as this is my first post, I have spent the last 3 hours (mind u I am at work oo) trying to figure out where to start with my frog tales. LOL LOL to show u how crazy I am, I find myself laughing already at the many experiences I have had. In no particular order I am going to do my best to give u all an enjoyable read perhaps for some weeks or months but doubt I'll be blogging for long cos I get bored too easily (as so many peeps claim).

Trainers Guy - Well during one of my dry dating spells, a friend of mine from Canada introduced me to some guy who at the time had convinced her that he was having a tough time finding a correct babe and having an equally tougher time going on correct dates in London. This same London where there are stories of girls fighting for the same Naija guy all in the name of "survival of the fittest babe". Well she sha gave him my email addy as he had viewed my pics on Hi5 (cheii Facebook has finished that site sha).

From emailing back n forth we migrated to chatting on MSN then finally phone calls. You see I always say jand is a serious leveller cos u really don't know who is who especially if u r not into name calling and asking "who is your father" sort of questions. Anyway dude seemed respectful enuff and I was impressed to the point of agreeing to go on a date wit him. We agreed he will come pick me after Church on Sunday.

I remember how much effort I put into my dressing cos it had been donkey years since I last went on a date. I wore a black fitted dress, threw some pearls on, carried my vintage bag and balanced it out with a pair of black and silver tone shoes. My door bell rang and understandably I got a little panicky as this was our first meeting. As I opened the door......in short I needed to shut that door and run back upstairs but sumtin in me decided not to be so harsh. This guy had a sweat shirt that I wasn't sure what colour it was meant to be, maybe a faded cream/grey with a pair of jeans that had what looked like white paint sitting right in the middle of his thigh area (Fashion abi!)......lol lol oooo but the shocker of it all were his shoes!!! He had what looked to be a version of LA Gear trainers (for all ma Naija peeps u guyz remember that brand?), white in colour with some blue here n there. This is how he got the title Trainers guy.

I was sick to my tummy and disgusted cos of the effort I had put into my dressing seeing as he was taking me to one of my fav Thai restuarants, Mango Tree. I sha carried my two left legs and went on this date cos sista was rather hungry. As we got there we were about to sit in the bar area when home boy saw one prominent Naija guy's child. Lord help me, he started name dropping! with his loud voice, he kept going isn't this Chief so n so's son? OOO if he looks our way I will greet him. All this while I am asking myself if I am really that hungry? Maybe I could just think of an excuse to run away before dinner was served. Once again I just calmed down and kept ordering more cocktails. Finally we were called to our table. This bush man was now trying to test my Thai food knowledge. Mumu probably thot he was doing me a favour taking me there. U will think its a 5 star place hissssss. Anyway after his dinner conversations were boring me too death he then asked if there was still time for a movie? I thot to myself hmmm why not at least we won't have to talk to each other. So we proceeded there.....Big big mistake.

You know how a number of guys feel that after they have fed u, u owe them your life! This trainers guy actually had the cheek to reach out for my thigh ewwwwwwwwwwwww whilst we watched the movie! I wasn't having any of it! On my first date! when I was already planning operation never pick his call again. I told him off in a stern voice and I thot that ought to scare him a bit. Beanssss dude tried it probably 3 times after his first attempt. Every time I will lift his filthy hands (as I found him zero attractive sef) and tell him to watch it. Anyway he finally drops me off and I literally run to my door step barely saying good nite not to talk of see u soon.

Ever since then I have never seen him again as I refuse to meet up for even free food which I hardly say no to. But now he has devised a new thing, its called stalking, well after a year!!! He has calmed down. I thank God oo.

Ok peeps this was my first attempt so hopefully if I didn't bore u too much u might tune in for my next write up.........

20 comments:

Aramide said...

LOL Nice one Figurella!!

Frog Tales - I like!

Lol @ reaching for ur thigh

[aramide.blogspot.com]

Unknown said...

LMAO!! Nice 1 figurella. Keep 'em coming, I know u have more ;)

Unknown said...

hahahahaha! round 2 please

empathetic said...

LOL!!!

Nice one for a 1st attempt

I totally get u on the frogs thing. I myself have kissed a few "toads" (frogs is not harsh enuff a word for the monsters av met)

To be honest, when I met my man, he wore trainers on the first date but at least he had a buff Ted Baker shirt and lovely H&M jeans to boot and was such a gentleman so I forgave him

Dont men believe in gd first impressions anymore, its become so easy for them that they thk they can get away with murder...

hang in there my sis, mr right is out there, I can testify!!!!

Suzy Peaches said...

LMAO - Keep it comming!

Sonshine said...

LOL Figurella can't wait to read other froggy tales...

Figurella said...

Toads lol lol I was trying to be nice ooo cos if I used anything more harsh thot it might keep the male readers away.....like I care.

Thanks for the encouragement guess I thot it was time to start sharing with a wider audience cos as Foluso rightfully said I do have loads more........

empathetic said...

Look forward to more Froggy tales as Eniola said!!! lol!!!

At last something to get me thru the bondage aka "9 to 5"

lola said...

lol!!

men, u really brought laughter 2 my day. thank you thank you. get 2 work & post anotha

Mari said...

LMAO Love love love this!
Your title is brilliant. I love the saying "Sometimes, you've got to kiss a lot of frogs to find the prince" and do I believe in that, yes I do.

Welcome on board to Blogsville!

*bookmarking*

Dimples said...

Lol..funny..Mona sent me this link...and it was really worth my while.

Well done on ur 1st attempt..I will be back.

TMinx said...

Nice first post Figurella lol but you had nade up your mind about this dude from the beggining oh, poor guy did not even have a chance!!!!

Figurella said...

Ok ok u r right that dude didn't have a chance once I saw those trainers, they even had lace and were canvas looking sef nahhh dude had to chill.....

shhhh said...

welcome sister to blogville

BOBBY said...

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL figurella you wont kill me ooo!

Unknown said...

Nice one babes....LoLLLL!!!!
Cracking up! welcome to the game of blogging

empathetic said...

Ahn Ahn Figurella!!! Where is the next froggy tale? was hoping to log on and see a new post.....

When's the next one? Holla!!!

empathetic said...

lol!!!

Yahoooooooo!!!!! dont let Google see that u promotoing yahoo moves oh on their site! They may block ur blogsite...lol!!!!

Wat I wanna know is if u found out if ur friend was dating a yahoo boy herself?? more likely than not!! lol!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my good ness really hilarious esp the thigh toucher. LOL

Ms.Diva said...

no movies on the first dat. they think it is license to touch...punks!!!!!!!!!!!