Friday 19 October 2007

ZEN Guy

You know there are some places you go and unwind a little but you almost should never give your number out to a guy in some of these places. Perhaps cos it is notorious for irresponsible brothers or just generally one of the lastminute.com venues that u so know u r only there cos the other option is sitting at home nursing boredom. Well that was what happened on this particular Saturday. I hardly put any effort into my dressing cos I had told my girlfriend that it was going to be a short nite, just a few drinks, maybe a good dance if the DJ was alright on the nite.

We ended up at Zen Bar, it's right next to Maryleborne station. My nite had gone relatively well when the lights suddenly came on for everyone to evacuate the premises. As peeps were dragging themselves out rather reluctantly (cos I must say the music was good), a guy grabbed my hand and said "Hi, I noticed you doing your thing on the dance floor and I must say u actually dance very well". "Ok thank u was my response". Dude proceeds to I don't normally do this but can I get your number so that we can do sumtin after Church tomorrow(LOL LOL)? Hmmm see me ooo partying like my life depends on it and a guy is throwing in the "Church" buzz word. I was like ayt sinner vs sinner no yawa we can surely meet after Church. He was ok looking and spoke few enuff words to sound like he didn't have any funny accent going on.

After Church, dude calls me to ask how my service was and I was so tripped cos most guys don't care for all that one ooo. We sha exchanged what our sermons was about and gisted for a bit. So we decided to catch an early evening movie seeing as we both had work the next day. The movie was actually really funny and home boy was laughing his head off not even tryna front. That I liked!!! cos some Naija boyz will be forming as though laughing is some disease that affects being seen as "cool". Movie was rather short and the Cinema was not too far from his crib so he asked if I was hungry maybe we can go do a take-out and watch another movie as he had a large collection. Well me being Madam spontaneous/care-free I thot, what the heck, it's not like my clothes are not ironed for work so lets go.........when we got there he had a family friend around (male) so throughout the eating and watching movie I think we spent the bulk of time gisting about everything that Naija guys were up to in jand. Through this conversations I was so sure that these guys could most certainly not be into all that odu stuff. But right now (with all that later happened) cos I have no evidence I will say there is a 50 /50 chance of Zen guy being into it. The nite ended well and I thot what a good first impression.

The whole of that week, Zen guy had done what I expect of a serious guy on a babe's case. He had called me at any given moment, turned up at my crib 2wice already that week just to make it clear that he was really into me. Initially I was trying to slow things down cos I thot wait a minute this dude is wayyyy too good to be true but u see I was enjoying the mad attention. In fact Valentine's day was drawing near so I was already calculating how at least I can sustain whatever it is we had going on for another 3 weeks. By the second Friday of knowing him, Zen guy told me to get dressed that he is taking me somewhere special. Cheiiii my body was just tingling like a confused ram, as innnnn I was too tripped. Last time I had sumtin excite me that much was probably a year before that day. I felt like finally a man is taking charge after all I was under the assumption that he had a nice job (LOL LOL guess the job? I.T. but at least unlike Plane guy he actually knew his stuff), definitely a bunz car (u know all Naija made boyz must drive their Mercedes or BMW sha) so u see I even put extra effort into the dressing sef.

He picked me on time (impressive) and the venue was one I look forward to going to again once my future Hubbie and I are ready for such expensive escapades. It was a madly plush restaurant / bar where the likes of Justin Timberlake and co wine and dine like its McDonalds. But an average bill of £200 for 2 will make u realise it's not a daily treat :-)) Kaiii my Zen guy sha used this opportunity to make sure I felt like the Queen I know I am and Heaven knows by now I was hooked. In fact I probably had moved my thots from Valentine's catch to potential future hubbie.

Ok ooo so all the pleasantries started drawing to an end. From 5 calls a day it reduced to 2, then 1 and before u know it I started looking at my phone to see if it will ring with his name on certain days!!! Cheiii I was in denial. Ahn ahn where did I go wrong? But u see I am highly critical of myself but b4 I do that I always try and ask the guy point blank wat the hell is going on? Finally I got round to him answering my question. He used the most played out line of "I have been very busy bla bla bull shit" but I promise things will change just have a project I am doing at the mo (Property development). Ok ooo what this means is my guy claimed to work 9-5 I.T. work and then weekends were fully taken cos he and his boyz had to travel out of town to monitor one of his properties that was under construction. In fact dude went as far as saying that they even join hands with the workers to do some painting, and general work to the hse. I sha chopped this story cos I needed to believe that this dude wouldn't put so much effort into getting me just to let me go like that?

As always the truth or near enuff to the truth always comes out. On one of his wknd runs, he had told me that we would meet on Sunday after Church (seeing as that is his only free time in 7 days now oo, how convenient). I was like thot u said u will be free this Saturday? He said nahh sumtin came up on the site so they had to drive down urgently. As God would have it be one of my male friends was out on Saturday nite and guess who he bumped into? Zen guy in what venue?? in ZEN lol lol. I found out the next day and confronted him. Dude started shouting at me that why should I be spreading his business everywhere? I was like Business? He said yeah asking people if they spotted him here or there......I told the brother to shut up before I show him my really ugly side and Heaven knows he won't heal easily. As innn my male friend volunteered the information and not in a grudging way, he said "Figurella, I even saw your guy out last nite" I was like hmmm that's strange he told me he was out of town? Sha after shouting back n forth with Zen guy I told him to go to hell that I don't blame him at all. If in a month of knowing me u r already playing this childish games then omo wetin future go hold?

Dude thot I was joking when I told him to never look for me again but in no time he starts calling me trying to be all "sane" again I was like heck no been there done that and I aint going back! Sha that's how we were over and done with before Valentine's day but hey at least one of my close male friends treated me to a nice Val's day dinner so that I didn't feel cheated (awwww wish I could marry this dude but he is just not mentally there at all for such commitment but we have mad respect for each other).

16 comments:

LondonBuki said...

LOL @ "Cheiiii my body was just tingling like a confused ram"

Funny funny blog!

Figurella said...

londonbuki much appreciated!

Sonshine said...

Lol...i really look forward to these froggy tales...they are so fun...keep em coming, eventually we'll have a compendium, maybe we'll edit it and make it into a book.

Figurella said...

Eniola, thanks ooo and who better to point me in that direction than you. In fact now u r getting me excited sef :-))

Mr S said...

Figurella!!!
(1)I love your stories, you have to keep them coming!!..
(2)Especially loved the 'BBD' one..had me in stitches..I feel, we of the FROG community have wronged you greatly and i apologise for my fellow amphibians...deep in our hearts we aspire to princes..:-)

Unknown said...

I concur with londonbuki, "Cheiiii my body was just tingling like a confused ram, as innnnn I was too tripped" had me cracking up. Figurella babyy, shey this ur eating no dey run ur belle? :p

Aramide said...

LOL at the title

ZEN GUY

U JUST HAD TO GO THERE

Dimples said...

Lol..that was too funny...at least u got u a church goer sha...unless all these "sinners" around these days.
But men I miss the good old Zen days...with all those horny razz men(mostly married)...lol

Keep them coming Figurella!!!

Figurella said...

Mr S, I accept the apology. Awfully nice of u to take time out to comment :-)) Thanks.....

Foluso lol u r not serious, apart from me trying to sort out my not so flat tummy :-((... the belle is doing good.

Mona looks like u agree that there would be no frog tales without the mention of at least one Zen guy lol.

Dimples very true I do miss it a bit......but na wa for the marriage institution sha.

joicee said...

ROTFLMAO.....The Zen guy messed up....big time

Mimi said...

LOL! HE IS NOT THERE MENTALLY????? FUNNYYYYY!

Pyeri Boy said...

FIGURELLA OOOOOO, you no go kill me today with laughter. I actually remember this one...lol. Remember when you called me to yarn me that the guy seemed dodgy.

hiss.

Initium said...

Very funny blog...keep it coming! And hope you find your prince out there!

Unbiased said...

lol!!!! You sure are gifted with the laughing bug. Nice figurella nice.
And in my opinion no guy is mentally prepared for commitment. It falls in their lap and they either sink or swim so throw the boy in with the sharks jo and watch to see if he sinks. lol!!

Anonymous said...

Unbiased,

Why would you throw a guy who is not ready in with the sharks....Is it your intention to marry the Carcass???....Please let these boys jump in when they are good and ready...

Figurella said...

Unbaised and broke and twenty sumtin: u guys are so cool lol lol thanks for making comment reading a fun experience :-))