Tuesday 30 October 2007

Somebody Else's Guy (aka Cry baby Guy)

There are things we do that defy logic and do not follow the normal unwritten rules of how a woman should handle a potential or just a toaster. This guy was certainly one that brought out the extreme end of kindness from me and also happens to be the reason I decided to start my frog tales. Each day I thank God for my strong personality, even times when I feel like emotionally this is too much for one person, I still find myself smiling in the morning. So you see fellow bloggers "Joy sure does come in the morning, and the old things shall pass away"......but before I embrace my new Prince, I needed to get this story out of me so that women who are successful at such a young age and unmarried must be constantly reminded that there are men that are just out to leech on u and won't loose a heart beat over your down fall. This was a situation where I wanted to do things differently, ignore the fact that he was a self-funding student (aka broke ass) but he came across as a focused and ambitious one. Seeing as free dinners had not gotten me far, I was still determined to rise above all of that. Now I know better, free dinner is still a better option than a "I will be rich some day" sort of guy. News Flash I am already rich if not materially but at least with the good Lord, my family, and loved ones.


It all began with Facebook. I got back from work one fine evening and I saw a message in my inbox from Cry baby. He complimented my pictures and asked about my well being. I initially didn't see any "Friends in Common" between us so I asked how he found me? Said he stumbled on my page via someones photo album but couldn't remember whose own. Anyway eventually I realised he knew one or two of my friends from High School so I decided to be friendly. We exchanged emails for quite a while and at the time I even had facebook access at work so he became my daily dose of excitement. Picture wise he looked good enuff, he seemed rather simple and came across as so focused. Said he was undergoing a full time MBA program and I sympathised with the amount of time and work that goes into it. He was in yankee and I was in London so he always flirted around with the idea of him coming down to see me.............Questions like where do u live back in Lagos, and what do you do for a living seemed like everyday normal things we ask from each other little did I know I was digging myself into a hole.


We moved to phone calls and he had an awfully sweet phone voice. On one of the days I called him, he sounded like a truck ran him down. He said he had just lost a loved one and had to fly back to Naija for the burial. I think because of how well we had connected I felt as though I needed to be there with him so since I couldn't be, I put on my clown hat and just tried to make him calm. It worked and throughout his stay in Naija I found myself being the one making him laugh before he went to sleep. We hadn't really discussed his status whether fully single, semi-single, chatting, or in a relationship. I decided to bring it up one nite, and he said well he wouldn't have started chatting me up if he wasn't single but that there was a girl he was "chatting" to a month before me. Apparently she had moved back to Naija to sort out her law school. I didn't sweat it cos Cry baby totally played it down, he even went as far as saying, "you have been there for me throughout this grieving period and he didn't ask it of me so he wanted to know if we could be an item, as in embark on a relationship". Thankfully I didn't jump on this offer cos I was wise enuff to realise he was an emotional mess and of cos it is easy to mix feelings of just friendship with a babe to mean sumtin else.


Cry baby was back in yankee and it was straight into exams for him. Of cos that whole period meant we couldn't talk as often and I found it hard cos now I was in a routine with this guy (fellow bloggers must understand that phone routine, where u start to expect calls at certain times and get slightly disappointed if it doesn't come thru). Close to the end of his exams, we played with the idea of him coming down but seeing as he was a student I knew that he was financially strained. I toyed with all sorts of ideas of how he could come down, air miles or.........I sha foolishly suggested we go half on the plane ticket (Plssss ooo bloggers don't bite my head off).

I told him to pay me back once he started his new job which obviously was to be after his MBA was over. LOL LOL of cos at this time I felt I was investing into a man (Depreciating asset), ooo I really was in la la land. I had never in my life found myself in this sort of situation where a guy cannot afford to fly down but I was so sure there was more to this brother. I was so sure that the supposed purity he put out there was genuine and in turn I was soooo sure my kindness will pay off. (It sure did not, no no it actually did cos I have been set free!!!).



Cry baby got to my town, and he didn't look as good as he did in the pictures but then again this was him with full hair and over grown facial hair so I knew a pretty face was hiding behind all of that. Seeing as he was still grieving, I made sure I took him to Church on two occasions and one of those Sundays, it was a very special day cos Pastor Adeboye was in town! I was so excited about this cos that man sure delivers the word of God! Cry baby was so thankful to be a part of the service and at this point I was getting comfortable, in fact I was sure I had moved up his radar. Not even 2 days into his trip down, his phone starts to ring, he had a London sim card which he had kept from a previous trip. As he picked the call, I immediately knew it was a lady he was speaking to. Initially I thot it was his sister and then I realised it was the girl who had moved to law schl.......lets call her Phone Girl. He spoke very relaxed with her but I noticed he found it hard telling her who he was with. Used the usual I am with a friend line and she didn't question him any further. I could make out some of their conversation cos he took the call next to me.


Lets just say Phone Girl got her name cos till today I never knew anyone could call somebody that amount of times. This girl called from Naija an average of 2 times per hour. Every hour ooo!!!I called Cry Baby's attention to this fact, he said that's how she is cos they had become good friends b4 she left for Law school and she hadn't settled down properly there so had no real friends to lean on bla bla. Okkkkk she aint your girl so this doesn't make sense? Finally by his 4th day with me, he changed his story to, well me and this girl had sumtin.... (AAAcccheeww=Big Sneeze from me) sumtin meaning what? Apparently they were going to start a relationship but he didn't feel he knew her well enuff before she left London. Rewinddddd.......which London is this dude talking about? This same London I live in? Emmmm Cry baby thot u said your last trip to London was to hang with family and friends? O yeah it was but that is when I met Phone Girl. U r kidding me right? Dude thot u said u did nothing but chat her up? O nooo did I forget to mention that she flew down to the States and I caught up with her there as well? U sure did forget that vital info! So where do the two of u stand? We are just friends, and although I was going to embark on a relationship with her, I met u and now I am so confused.


Confused.com sure couldn't solve this joke. My blood was steaming with serious confusion as well. Had this guy flown all the way down to just play my ass? Are there not enuff akata babes to play? Nahh there had to be more to this story. The remaining part of his trip was just a roller coaster. One minute I block out the possibility of another girl after all she wasn't even within his reach, the next minute I get into a tantrum with him and just blow off. On one of my off days, Cry baby guy decides to start cryinggggggg. He started using all his emotional baggage on me, said he doesn't know why he didn't just come out and be straight with me. He is in love with 2 women. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL u r what? Emmm which 2? Ooo Phone Girl and me. Arrh rational me starts to wipe his tears off and tell him to calm down cos I had never met a man that will cry so openly. He addresses the fact that he had just lost a very loved one and of cos that person would have been able to pray about the situation for him. He was certain that the woman he was to spend the rest of his life with was already in his courtyard so now he had to decide who it was.


I looked at this guy and looked at myself 24 times over. I say kaii, is it because this one is fine like Tyson Beckford I go chop this joke (the day he shaved all his hair off and cleaned up is when I shld have realised I was in trouble, the transformation was dramatic) ? An intelligent good looking student, who is broke, so all I had was a promise of tomorrow being a better day, future correct job and possibility of settling down to my future............Hmmmm I just kept silent. Cry baby and I said our good byes and we decided that we shall leave it all to God. You see, for whatever emotional madness I had found myself in, I was certain my God would get me out of it. Why? Cos I meant nothing but good for this fellow creature! I had put myself out there like a door mat. He was walking all over me and I justified it as him being sincere. After all, other guys would have 2, 3, 4 girls and never discuss them with me. This guy is saying it is me vs Phone Girl for his undivided attention (You shld see me laughing at myself right now, it's all good sha).


After weeks of prayers and I was not getting head ways with this clown, I woke up and wrote what would be my final good bye email to him. He ignored it and was still acting like I was partially his. Finally the day arrived where we tackled the issue head on.



Me: Cry baby are u saying u never saw my good bye email, I can't take this joke anymore? Cry baby: Yes I did, but I had nothing to say so I thot it's best I stay quiet. Me: What do u mean u have nothing to say? I mean I only wrote it cos u still haven't said who u are going to be with? Cry baby: Arrhh, I thot u understood that I am with Phone Girl. Me: WTFFFFF???? Since when? Cry baby: well I thot about it and decided I haven't given her a chance to know me, so she is to fly down and we will see where we stand. But I don't want to loose u either so all I'm saying is I am SINGLE but I just need to know if there is still anything btwn me and Phone girl. Imagine this low life! What had he done for me? Or what could he do for me? Last time I checked he wasn't contributing towards my heavy financial responsibilities. If at all anything he owed me money sef hisssss. So that's how I left it. Pay up and I wish you well in life.



It is a Beautiful Life!!!



Bloggggeerrrssss, pls pls pls, can we constantly remind ourselves that the Male version of English is very powerful, not!. Chatting up now means Relationship, Relationship now means Married, is there anything else I am missing out? I was later to learn that Cry baby had indeed come to London in the past to see another girl (not Phone Girl oo), and that girl was his girlfriend but she broke it off cos she suspected that he was seeing someone else (ehennn that someone is Phone Girl). Apparently Phone Girl is aware that he is a "Sophisticated Con Artist" (words from my Pastor) and she is still happy to be with her man (I pray she find another, if not wishing u the best). Conclusion, I got played............I don't even pity myself any longer cos for a man to use the death of a loved one to emotionally get with a woman, he certainly has psychological problems and there will be no point harbouring hatred. He came to disturb the balance in my life but I thank God for his mercies, His overwhelming Grace cos that balance has been restored so quickly.

P.S. This is my last frog and by the Grace of God the very last frog I shall meet. I am embarking on a Prince's tale now so will see how that goes. For now it's goign very well and I feel very blessed for all the opportunities and 2nd chances that come my way. O well if I stumble across other frog tales I will post it from time to time. ......................







Well this is the end of the road for my frog tales. I will keep an ear out for other stories. Of cos I need permission before I can share.

45 comments:

empathetic said...

At last!!!! I have been waiting for a frog tale for way tooo long!!!

Damn!!! I have neva seen a guy pimp himself sooo much!!!! as in he even flew down...na wa oh!

InCogNaija said...

He must fancy himself a player then. Good you had your good senses on anyhow.

Anonymous said...

Last ke..Surely you know this is a cop out.
Frog tales cant stop just yet. You must be real young to have only 8 frogs in your life.
I hope the prince(s)tale is(are) interesting.

Inuke Omotola Davis said...

This guy is a con artist indeed.

You should check out the song Princes & Frogs by superchick. its on their Regeneration Cd. http://www.superchickonline.com/
totally matches the theoretical ideals of your blog !!!
good luck on finding the one.

Anonymous said...

Ah!Ah!Cmon,that can't be it..Even Amala/Big Belle guy was to feature on as ur 7th or 8th post plus i quote you saying:
"Seeing as this is my first post, I have spent the last 3 hours (mind u I am at work oo) trying to figure out where to start with my frog tales. LOL LOL to show u how crazy I am, I find myself laughing already at the many experiences I have had. In no particular order I am going to do my best to give u all an enjoyable read perhaps for 'some weeks or months' but doubt I'll be blogging for long cos I get bored too easily (as so many peeps claim)."
This is hardly weeks or months and i was only just begining to get inspired by your tales.Figurella,PLEASE,come back with your froggy tales.U can't be that young to have these few..
Love it,Love it,Love it.....Looking forward babes x x

Unbiased said...

Babes i am so happy 4 u!!! Cant wait to read on your prince stories. May you have kissed you last frog indeed!! Amen.

Anonymous said...

"Am sorry hes mama died but i dnt feel sorry for him at all"

Mutherfucker.
Pls get ur money bck oooo.

Anonymous said...

do i take it you've sucumbed to pressure and decided not to tell us anymore frog tales- cos I KNOW that there are more!! or are u simply bored??

Figurella said...

Observer no pressure ooo but since you claim to know that there are more, please feel free to contribute them or send it to me so I can post it for u :-))

To the Anonymous who sent me a rude comment, I suggest you start your own Blog and tell your side of the story. If it is you Cry baby guy, then I laugh at the face of danger!!! Do not mistaken kindness to mean I am a fool. Anyway you dare send me anything rude again and will see how long u will last when I really descend on your sorry ass.

To other Bloggers my other frog tales are so old, the archives have deleted them. Unfortunately it is year end so got a lot going on at work but if I find a bored minute I'll be sure to put up other people's tales.

Anonymous said...

Rolling all over the floor, laughing my head off.... Omo, dude's some real wannabe superfly pimp..

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

LOL!!!! FIrst time on ur blog and ive goneback to read all d posts, damn i was craxking up. maybe id do a frog post on my blog as well someday!! nice blog babes.

Anonymous said...

Cop out champion.... :o(

Anonymous said...

Figurella, you are acting like a wimp. You need to see this thing through. Otherwise what was the point. Be brave.

PassionIsRed said...

Moral of this story:

Do NOT lend a guy money unless he is well n truly 'urs'!! (or unless he is a true and tested friend!)

Anonymous said...

o ti o!!! na wa oo!! by the way this is the babe from your sister's boyfriend house at T's birthday...ehn oo!! that we were yarning in the kitchen!!

I repeat, oti ooo!! this is the same guy u were telling me about that u met on facebook and that he was in yankee....God help us!! I cant beleive this!!

My dear....i pray there will be no more frog tales for u!! tis well!

Figurella said...

36 inches of Brown leg thanx, yeah its not a bad idea to write about a frog, will be sure to come n read :-))

Champion, lol lol whimp ke? Exactly what am I meant to be brave about? Pls if there is sumtin u r not telling me I beg let me know ennn. For now I think I was brave enuff to share my funny tales :-))

Anonymous from T's birthday, na so I see am ooo. My dear it is well:)) When one door shuts, a dozen more open, so be rest assured I'm doing good. Hope all is well at your end?

Anonymous said...

This guy is such a jerk..He's taken the whole "Okay,money isn't everything in a guy" too far..Yes,money isn't everything when searching for Mr.Right but when guys like this take the piss,they give the good men out there a BAD name that we women want to give a try so as to grow and build a future TOGETHER..
Way to go Figurella for spotting the frog and kicking him back into his swampy pond.
Good luck girl and looking forward to the PRINCE TALES :)))

Anonymous said...

El Banco de Figurella, lolllllllllllll.. .. What are your interest rates... Stupid "Insert adjective here" is really giving us guys bad name. Loll

Anonymous said...

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mehn Figurella sorry oooo!!! I was reading the story and found myself ticking mental boxes, cos somehow I know this frog!!!And he is soooo as u described him...well goodluck to him and i hope u nena meet anyone like him in the future..pelo O!

Anonymous said...

I said I KNOW there are more frogs cos u seemed to insinuate that in your previous posts- but its all good if THIS IS IT!! anyway, i like your narrative skills- so i'm looking forward to the Prince tales in that case!! when do those start?

Anonymous said...

u left some bits out of this tale o... ur 8.28 train buddy

Figurella said...

Observer u actually said I KNOW there are more :-)) but now I dig your point. Guess I needed to clear my head a little, so at the time I thot I had loads. As for Prince Tales I was referring to my present situation that I am embarking on a Prince tale and God willing it won't become a Frog, Ami oo :-))

Anonymous from Train 8:28, how now? I barely made that train today in fact I am getting rather fit from all the running to catch that ever so punctual train. My dear I decided to leave some bits out cos my tale was already pathetic enuff.

Mari said...

Can't wait to read about ure prince story. All the best!

Anonymous said...

Well the dude is a fool,he cries all the time.Well life goes on,but pls make sure you get ur money back,or hes so called friend making phone calls around begging for him can help him pay.I can slap that happy face from head.

OLORIBURUKU OLOSI!

Anonymous said...

Gotcha! just as i thought. Did not think you would have the nerve to dare me. I was just waiting for you to mouth off about the rude anonymous again.Coward!!!!!!

If not for comment moderation, i would have opened your stinking ass for the whole world to see.Also i am sure your employer would be delighted to know what you do with company time.

You are really unwise and immature for your age but you have just done the only wise thing you probably would do this year by deciding to shut your trap, drop you pen and stop mudering other people's reputation. In future learn to look before you leap and let your brains work faster than your mouth and your fingers.

P.S Also when it comes to men, let your brains do the thinking, not your hormones. That way, you would effectively reduce your brapping list, your frog tales and save yourself grief. 'He who has ears, let him hear'

Aramide said...

this tale is the scariest lol

figurella we want more (even if they are from 5 yrs ago)

Anonymous said...

Hey,i sure pray this would be your last frog! Guess i smelt the rat as soon as i met him. Picked him up as a tick, but he was too hard to be crushed. he is surely a strong leach, and i beg all other chickitos' out there to be on their guard, there are loads of them waiting for whom to devour. but my dear, make i no lie the frog really looked like an hungersin, maybe bcos of the Afro sha!!!

PassionIsRed said...

wow! that Anonymous 21:05 is having none of it!

a bit harsh mind u......couldnt u have said all that in a nicer way?? or was that the whole idea??

altho i must say they have a point....it hink women need to use their heads a bit more...slow it down with the emotions. Some may say easier said than done, that way, as amusing as these frog tales have been, there would definately be fewer of them.

Good luck to Figurella with the 'prince'.

Anonymous said...

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Anon @ 21:05... geezer you really have a massive chip on your shoulder...

Fair enough, Figurella could be more cautious but hey any need for the harshness?? Bearing in mind that the dude (or are you him?) in question was an inept "player"....

If you wanna yan off bout chicks n all and their attempts at playing or just plain b***h about Figurella, then by all means start your own blog... sure everyone would be interested in reading it (inc figurella i'm sure)..

P.S. What does your employer have to say bout your time management, seeing as you've clearly spent time reading the post(s) and responding to it(them) thereafter...

Now, can we all just continue to live for world peac and the end of the war in Iraq??

Unknown said...

Anonymous @ 21:05, cooooool off now...haba.....I dont think U are one to call anyone a "coward" o...After all u are hiding who you are...Before u start calling someone a coward, please reveal your identity first abeg and stop hiding behind "anonymous"..

And just chilll.....no need for all this agression.If the blog is offending you so much, then quit reading it.

Abi are u one of the said frogs?hehehehehehe!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You write really well . I am feeling your 'work'

Anonymous said...

Hi, I read all your blogs today (yeah I know….I was feeling jobless) and I just wanted to comment on your writing skills. I think you create really good imagery in your writing and you really have a gift here.

Figurella said...

Shakara and Tosin, thanks for your words, really appreciate it.

Anonymous (that keeps threatening me) Last post 21:05pm and Overwhelmed, u guys are awfully quiet today? Hope all is well o? Just to say a very big thank you for taking time out to share your opinions as well.

Anonymous said...

hissssssssssss!!!!!! make sure you get your money back from the low life. the guy needs to aim a lot lower anyway esp as he is a broke player - you deserve much more than this shit. smile as he will surely get what is coming to him. xxx

Anonymous said...

This is anonymous 21:05. Why are you filtering ehn? where are my other posts? why only one? Obviously, no nerve!People, those ones were classsics.

If you are going to filter my post then Abeg i'm finished with you jo! and your cluless crew(Eunice+anonymous 09.52).Have a good and princeful life!

Figurella said...

Anonymous 21:05, u must be in a really good mood today :-)) I thank God ooo.
U r right my nerves are all over the place cos of u ennn so smile knowing u got one over me lol lol.

Anonymous said...

Figurella... I just read everything and you can't go o... Great stories, we need more...
How you been tho'? Hope the Prince is for real... G'luck with that!

empathetic said...

Chip on his shoulder?? anon @ 9.25 ydy, crazy anon (the dude) has a boulder for sure......

U nd peace in ur life crazy anon...I will be praying for u, bt pls can u give me a name so I dont have to be telling God crazy anon???? Be a man and state who u are.

You have been a bunny boiler!! puppy strangler!!!! the whole way thru and some of the comments were unnecessary! May God give u the peace u nd.....God bless

Anonymous said...

And Amen to that..

LondonBuki said...

Ok, maybe it's not a big deal that you guys went half/half on the ticket but I hope he gave you his money back after his messed up behaviour.

As for those tears, may God forgive him if he was using the death of a loved one to play you.

He had the guts to tell you he was in love with 2 women? Kai!

Good Luck Figurella, you are not the only woman who has done some things that make her shy when she looks back at them... You are so not alone.

Figurella said...

YYT, Empathetic and LondonBuki thanks. Yes he will be paying back, but that is yet to be resolved......

I actually don't harbour any hatred or anger towards any of these guys. Like I keep trying to explain to my Anonymous bashful commentators, I only did this Blog to release any negative energy that might have been building in me. I suggest u guys also try and channel your negative energy some place else. I found the strength to humour myself and the situations but of cos u are entitled to your views whether you think I deserve it or not.

Anyway thanks to all positive and negative peeps for taking time out to keep coming back to read my blog. I'll probably post a friend's story soon enuff.......

Anonymous said...

Anonymous (the negative one of course) Stop been so bitter, im sure it hurts to be exposed. Take it like a man and GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That Los Boyz's track springs to mind ...

"I cant escape this life that Im living. I'm in the mix I'm in love with two women ...I got two honeys on my arms and I dont want to let none of them go"

Ms.Diva said...

Passionisred, you hit the nail on the head jere. Me too I have fallen into the trap of loaning men money and I will NEVER do it unless it is my husband..

Figurella said...

Anon 20:26!!! You have just made my evening. Do you know he still has not paid me back?!!! This dude had the cheek to pick his phone when I called with a private number and says to me:

"Can't talk I am at work, gotta go", that was last I heard from him. As in so now he has a job so pay up abi? Never replied my emails so I decided to just let it go. Painful cos I feel he has gotten away with too much! I think I still have loads of pictures of him if u need a few to put up on a Blog dedicated ot him :-))

Really a shame. I beg if u have any ideas how I can get my money let me know.