Wednesday 17 October 2007

Plane Guy

Before I dive into today's frog, I would like to say thanks to u all for making me feel welcomed to Blogville as a number of u call it. I am aware some of u are burnt out with the whole blogging thingy whilst others are off and on but mainly on. Either way that is life I guess, one day can never be the same as the last or the next no matter how similar certain situations might appear so we keep on moving to bigger things I hope.

So I was on my way back to jand from what seemed to me a xmas holiday packed with wedding carnivals!!! (this xmas will be the same). In fact for the last five days of my trip I was down with Malaria!!! Lord knows that illness can kill especially if you haven't had it in a decade. My momsie saw me off to the airport as she always diligently does :-)) and of cos I was bound to meet a few friends on this flight back. One of them happened to be a girl who was a year my junior in high school. She was sitting with a guy who came across as "Not too bad looking" (I generally find Naija boyz not that good looking but hey who cares about looks abi). She introduced us and mentioned that this dude was her long term boyfriend's main guyyyy. I was like okkkk........babe proceeded in trying to market this guy so I got the hint that he put her up to it.

Anyway as I was feeling really weak from the subsiding malaria so I just sat there listening to him rant and rave about how long he had lived in jand, and how he was convinced he will meet a babe on this trip to Naija. Apparently he did not meet any girl suiting to his taste up until he set his eyes on me (LOL LOL lyricssss). I was so upset that I didn't have the strength to laugh at him. Anyway he threw in a few jokes here n there and eventually when I wasn't responding he sha left me alone to carry on doing "sumtin on his laptop" (at the time he told me it was schl work and I chopped but I was soon to find out it probably wasn't).............Flight took off and we got to jand early hours of the morning.

Plane guy offered to pay for my cab and so did another dude who sat right next to me on the flight and thot I was sooo "pleasant to talk to". I said No to the Plane dude but allowed the other passenger to pay for the cab lol lol. Anyhoo I got home in one piece and I then realised that I gave my number to plane dude cos I was thinking into the future of how boring it is when u first get back to jand from xmas at home. He immediately made use of the number and started the constant pleading of let him take me out for dinner, lunch or breakfast. Yes ooo he asked in that order. Grubbie-do like me I agreed to dinner 3 days after the first call. Throughout the meal, dude kept getting phone calls on 3 different phones. Emmmm I think alarm bells didn't go off cos it has become legendary abi customary for jand peeps to have 3 phones. I started teasing him whether he was running a call centre, he sha laughed and finally switched them off.

5 days later dude was talking about us going to Brighton with some of his mates from London as they have friends down there who know how to party. I was more than up for it cos I don't say no to fun especially as I had never been to this Brighton. We had planned I will meet him at his crib Friday after work. I got there at 7pm and as my Plane guy ushered me into his hse I was just alarmed!!! Okkkk Room Number 1 had a very biggg Sony Plasma screen TV (I don't know how many inches but huge), Room 2, same thing, Living Room a Bang and Olufsen TV set, Speakers and the Phone set ( For those that know that brand it isn't for the small boyz). Ooo then his jand sized kitchen (interpretation cubicle lol) also featured another TV but thankfully a laptop size screen. I sha sat down jejely to take in the luxurious looking items in his hse.

Understandably I decided to ask him what he told me he does for a living again? I remember him saying he was a Masters student at Greenwich Uni with an I.T. part time job so I was curious how a student could afford it all. He was even telling me he owned another property a street across from his. So I insinuated that ooo daddy's money abi, he just eyed me like does he look like juvi to me. I said sorry sir. Oooo but the crunch is here, my dear Plane guy told me he is studying I.T. for his Masters I tried to ask what aspect of I.T. he is focusing on he said he is just doing everything (no mention of programing, or financial modelling, etc). I say okkkk.

I then decided to change the topic cos he was looking at me like I am nosy. I asked "Have u viewed my Kodak Album pictures?" He was like a haa, can I come and show him how to open the album LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL God help me the laughter that came out was soo unplanned. I said Plane guy, r u telling me u don't know how to access this site? He said No that when he went into his inbox he just saw one picture (front cover oo) and he was wondering why I sent him just one pic. Chineke! I was like can't u read? It says click to view bla bla? My guy wasn't having any of this ooo, he was like plsss I shld just watch my mouth that why am I being rude? Ahhh I quickly apologised. He sha slammed the laptop down and was like ooo in fact he forgot to tell me, his friends just called to cancel on him so we won't be going to Brighton to club anymore. I looked at him in shock! Assss innnn just cos I laugh at the fact u can't open a Photo album online and u claim to be an "I.T." student??? Hisssss ooo forgot to mention that for the 1 hour I was in his hse his 3 phones were still ringing non-stop. That's when it clicked to me! This more than likely was an "odu boy"!!! I easily go into panic mode but I needed to get out of that hse quickly. So I just took my bow and told him guess we can organise the trip for another time (yeah right!). He was like sure good-bye! barely ushering me out of his flat.

I never heard from him again and I just concluded that the dude must have figured out that I am not the silent type at alll especially if things don't add up around me I shall question it ooo. I always thank God for my upbringing cos I sometimes sympathise with girls who let themselves be fooled by 419 boys or whatever nonsense name they call themselves these dayss..... of cos "yahoo yahoo boyz". Ok I confess that I thot the dude was rather cute and I kept thinking I didn't meet anyone correct during xmas but who knows this Plane dude might be the hit I was looking for lol lol ennn hell No!.......................

19 comments:

Unknown said...

yay!!! first one her..okay, off to read!

Anonymous said...

Eunice, this first one to leave a comment thing is so tired.
Figurella, though you sound like a longthroat, Im glad that your longthroat is not blind. It appears to be only for food.
Another entertaining story!

Mari said...

Sorry but I can't help laughing at anon's comment.
What a shame! Plane guy is such a mess. I wonder how he's so successful at his "work" yet he can't make up a simple lie to cover his arse.
Another great story, babe.

Figurella said...

Long throat ke? LOL well I better accept that comment cos the future Frog tales might still have food related to it :-)) Ahh plss oo leave my Eunice alone, she is a volunteered dedicated reader....

Mari thanks for the props....think his sort of yahoo trade is to do with buying n selling of Plasma screen TVs hissssss.

Figurella said...

Empathetic, why did u post your commentary for Plane Guy on Trainers Guy? I beg don't confuse the readers :-))

Girlll don't be silly no bi yahoo I dey talk nah "yahoozee" now = 419 duhh. U r very observant to ask about the high schl friends' boify?

Well apparently they getting hitched so I pray all is well on that front. Who knows maybe I jumped to the worng conclusion but hmmmm I doubt it!

empathetic said...

BTW Figurella, of cos I know what Yahoo yahoo boys are, all am saying is the monitors of Google (faithful servants to their cause) would not get!!!!

Anyway, am looking forward to the third post tomorrow......

Unknown said...

Anon/Coward, please leave me alone o...let me rejoice in being the first to read these juicy stories...keep being a nonentity...

Figurella, soooooooooooo funny! I actually fell off my chair laughing so hard! U are very funny! Cant wait for round 3!!!!

Figurella said...

Eunice LOL LOL I actually thought u knew Anon 13:03!!! Otherwise I didn't see why the person had to start off with that??? It is well ja re nobody shall spoil the peace :-))

O well like Empathetic said, think the focus of criticism shld go to the loser guy or guyzzzz as future reads will show.

Anonymous said...

LMAO!

Blogville readers, una too like drama. Always quick to take offence.

Figurella, keep those stories coming jare!

Sonshine said...

lol...nawa for plane guy oh! but seriously figurella, food seems to be a driving theme in your stories...i wonder the next place food will take you to lol!!! Keep 'em coming oh!

Unknown said...

LOL!!! You never cease to amaze me with ur experiences. Na which kain one be dis one o! The guy is not only a 419er, he is also a dumbass it seems! Olodo.

Figurella said...

Eniola even to date nah only God wey dey keep my figure cos damnn I love good food ooo. I bet my future Prince will win my heart thru food too LOL........

Foluso, me myself I was beginning to wonder about these experiences but u see I am the one that agrees to these dates so sometimes it ends up being a good laff other times it's me crying on my pillow :-((

Anonymous said...

this is too funny...

Anonymous said...

Odu to the core...o sheee
u too why did u even get that close...anyways glad u used your brain
na wa oooo

Anonymous said...

Good to have other options to sign in on here...SILLY!!! u were supposed to have this option from day 1...i will go easy on u DEAREST...

Dimples said...

Lol...nice follow up...

I believe many average London babes will have this story or something similar to tell...
I have bumped into a few in my life-time...and what suprises me alwaysis if they think I look like one of the oyinbo mugu's they steal their hard earned ££$$ and run with.

At least thank God u were sharp enough to soji...lol

Nice post!!!

Figurella said...

Nacha if u r referring to having an "Anonymous option" I thot that was there by default until I realised I had to go change my settings. My bad........

Dimples lol thanks oo, I definitely know girls with worse stories by a long mile so as always I am grateful to God for shielding me from the underworld but that was too close for comfort sef.........

Anonymous said...

I shall nevr tire of reading these blogs. They are rather entertaining, beats Jasper Carrot anyday.

Anonymous said...

first time on your blog!! FUNNY!! Keep them coming!!...and Odu boys?! im guessing 419 boys. Im going to be a stupid naija girl who hasnt been to Naija in 12+years...what exactly do they do? Do those letters actually work? How do these "boys" even get visas? lol..my ignorance is making me assume that these "boys" are not from well to do families.